Topics

windows 10 skype 7 is inaccessible with nvda.

hi all.
i am trying to signin to skype on windows 10.
this is the new version of skype which we can get from windows store.
i can signin but when it asks select a profile picture or test audio and video.
nvda gets stuck on a text called skype cant be used for emergency.
i have the latest windows 10, latest nvda and latest addons.
what to do?

Brad Snyder

It is a known issue that the version of Skype available in the Microsoft Store is not accessible.
Screen reader users are advised to first, uninstall any already installed versions of Skype, and then go to the Skype website, and install the latest version of Skype from the website.

HTH.

- Brad -

On Nov 20, 2020, at 08:52, Austin Pinto <austinpinto.xaviers@...> wrote:

hi all.
i am trying to signin to skype on windows 10.
this is the new version of skype which we can get from windows store.
i can signin but when it asks select a profile picture or test audio and video.
nvda gets stuck on a text called skype cant be used for emergency.
i have the latest windows 10, latest nvda and latest addons.
what to do?

And as a general observation, the installed versions of many programs (AKA desktop apps in Windows 10, to differentiate from Store Apps) are more screen reader friendly than the store versions are.  At least for the time being, anyway.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss