Topics

Windows 10 Dictation

Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES)

Hi all,

Not done much research but apparently if you use windows+h you can use Microsoft Windows dictation to dictate in to a document?

Has anyone tried it?

Steven Hicks

Servicedesk 2 Team Leader

Tel:  01209 318620.

Mobile:  07393 792548.

EMail:  Steven.Hicks@...

chris judge

I tried it briefly before Christmas and got lousy results. I plan to work with it some more but have not had time yet.

Chris Judge

JAWS Certified, 2021

Not done much research but apparently if you use windows+h you can use Microsoft Windows dictation to dictate in to a document?

Has anyone tried it?

Steven Hicks

Servicedesk 2 Team Leader

Tel:  01209 318620.

Mobile:  07393 792548.

EMail:  Steven.Hicks@...

Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES)

Thanks, I did windows+h and it did nothing, I am guessing that the dictation may need to be enabled o somewhere.

Steven Hicks

Servicedesk 2 Team Leader

Tel:  01209 318620.

Mobile:  07393 792548.

I tried it briefly before Christmas and got lousy results. I plan to work with it some more but have not had time yet.

Chris Judge

JAWS Certified, 2021

Not done much research but apparently if you use windows+h you can use Microsoft Windows dictation to dictate in to a document?

Has anyone tried it?

Steven Hicks

Servicedesk 2 Team Leader

Tel:  01209 318620.

Mobile:  07393 792548.

EMail:  Steven.Hicks@...

This message originated from outside of NHSmail. Please do not click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.

chris judge

Go under speech recognition under ease of access. I need to find some time to play with it but right now it’s rather low on my priority list. What screen reader are you planning to use? There is a little program called dictation bridge. There is an add-on for NVDA, and I believe there is one that works with jaws as well. Perhaps I’ll take some time to fiddle with this in the next little while. I can let you know what I discover.

Chris Judge

JAWS Certified, 2021

I tried it briefly before Christmas and got lousy results. I plan to work with it some more but have not had time yet.

Chris Judge

JAWS Certified, 2021

Not done much research but apparently if you use windows+h you can use Microsoft Windows dictation to dictate in to a document?

Has anyone tried it?

Steven Hicks

Servicedesk 2 Team Leader

Tel:  01209 318620.

Mobile:  07393 792548.

EMail:  Steven.Hicks@...

This message originated from outside of NHSmail. Please do not click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.

david

check out the following link;

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/use-dictation-to-talk-instead-of-type-on-your-pc-fec94565-c4bd-329d-e59a-af033fa5689f