Topics

Win 10 with iHeart Radio

Lino Morales

Hello folks. Has anyone used the iHeart Radio universal app with WIN 10 under any screen reader? I'm wanting to try it out. Thanks.

Scott VanDeWalle

Yes, i have gotten it to read somewhat with window eyes 9.2, so far.
However, you kind of need to guess what you're doing.
And you can click log in and sign up with Facebook, so that will make that process a little bit easier.
When you log in, what I gathered is that there was a list of genres to choose from.
If I remember correctly, you have to turn on the genre from the off state.
I'd give you exact instructions, but I'm logged in already, so I'm just going by memory here, however, I do hope this will help you get started, and yes, I can get music to play.smile.
Its pretty neat. A lot of buttons are not labeled though.

hth

Scott

On 10/20/2015 2:17 PM, Lino Morales wrote:
Hello folks. Has anyone used the iHeart Radio universal app with WIN 10 under any screen reader? I'm wanting to try it out. Thanks.

Lino Morales

Ooh really? Its a shame a lot of the buttons aren't labeled. I read that iHeart was going to be apart of Groove Music, but as most of you know its not entirely accessible yet with NVDA etc.

On 10/20/2015 2:30 PM, Scott VanDeWalle wrote:
[...]

Hi,
I could try investigating and come up with a functional app module for NVDA if you want (in NVDA world, an app module is synonymous with scripts; by the way, screen reader scripts and app modules for Windows apps are great topics for this list).

[...]

Hi.
I haven't used it through groove yet, wonder if its any better with groove.
I'm struggling a bit with groove myself, trying to find the exact music i want to even preview in the store, not to mention buying and downloading it.
I havbe enough bing rewards i think to get a one month pass to try it out..
But, reguardless, i will try iheart going through groove to check it out, and i'll report back here.

hth

Scott

On 10/20/2015 2:35 PM, Lino Morales wrote:
[...]

Yeah Scott let me know. I hve iTunes so I won't bother with buying music from as Mac OS Ken calls them "Mr. Softy". LOL!

On 10/20/2015 2:39 PM, Scott VanDeWalle wrote:
[...]

Yes, i like that idea Joseph. Scripts and ad ons.
And yes I would be for an app moduel for nvda for iheart, and also groove music?

Scott

On 10/20/2015 2:39 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:
[...]

Hi lino
lol, i just tried it with nvda and window eyes, which are my two main screen readers, and i can't even find iheart in groove.
I swear I saw it the other day when i was messing around in groove, however, can't find it now. I must have been dreaming. lol

Take care

Scott

On 10/20/2015 2:43 PM, Lino Morales wrote:
[...]

brandon T <brandongold98@...>

Hello,

I'm a bit confused. In Groove, how do I even open a simple file like
an mp3 file to play? I can click it from file explorer, but sometimes
I want to go through my collection which I've copied from some cd's.

Like let's just say I have a wma file or mp3 file somewhere I want to
play. How do I open it using Groove, like frolm the program itself?

Thanks,

Brandon

--
It is simply sitting silently, witnessing the thoughts, passing before
you. Just witnessing, not interfering not even judging, because the

Scott VanDeWalle

Hello Lino.

I finally figured out how to add music to groove.

click settings
then you will either find and enter preferences.
Either way there will be an option to choose where to look for music.
Click on that.
Then find an add folder button and click that, and you will select folders like you would normally do.
Then whenm you are done adding all your folders, you may click done.
Haven't figured out yet, how to add just one song.
[...]

emile

Yes, I use it with system access.
Emile.

[...]

Yeah Joeseph go ahead and make an app mudule for NVDA. BTW, could you email me off list? I would like the add-on for the calculator for WIN 10:
lino_and_rico@windstream.net

[...]

.

Hi Lino and others,
Due to the way the executable is named, app module cannot be written at this time (this requires changes to NVDA screen reader itself).
The WinTen calculator and other essentials app add-on can be found at:
http://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/wintenApps.en.html