Topics

win 10 iso

William Vandervest

Can anybody please tell me where I can download a win10 home image file, and an image file for win10 pro.

Thanks

William Vandervest

Timelord09@...

There are none so blind as those who will not se “anon”e

Hi,

For which version/feature update? If talking about 1909, you can do so through Media Creation Tool – there is no separate image for Home and Pro, as one ISO will include all consumer-level versions.

Can anybody please tell me where I can download a win10 home image file, and an image file for win10 pro.

Thanks

William Vandervest

Timelord09@...

There are none so blind as those who will not se “anon”e

William Vandervest

1909, do you have a link to the media creation tool, and can you post it please?

Thanks

For which version/feature update? If talking about 1909, you can do so through Media Creation Tool – there is no separate image for Home and Pro, as one ISO will include all consumer-level versions.

Can anybody please tell me where I can download a win10 home image file, and an image file for win10 pro.

Thanks

William Vandervest

Timelord09@...

There are none so blind as those who will not se “anon”e

Bill White

Hi, William. The link to download the Windows Media Creation Tool is below:

https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

1909, do you have a link to the media creation tool, and can you post it please?

Thanks

For which version/feature update? If talking about 1909, you can do so through Media Creation Tool – there is no separate image for Home and Pro, as one ISO will include all consumer-level versions.

Can anybody please tell me where I can download a win10 home image file, and an image file for win10 pro.

Thanks

William Vandervest

Timelord09@...

There are none so blind as those who will not se “anon”e

Jim Weiss

I use the following link which will just allow you to download the individual ISO files.  I am creating VM’s and don’t use the media creation tool.

Hope this helps,
Jim Weiss

“Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood.” | Helen Keller

On May 16, 2020, at 9:29 PM, William Vandervest <timelord09@...> wrote:

Can anybody please tell me where I can download a win10 home image file, and an image file for win10 pro.
Thanks

William Vandervest

There are none so blind as those who will not se “anon”e

That link just goes to the page where you can either use the Update Assistant or download the media creation tool. I did not see links there to download any specific ISO files. In any case, it makes no difference since it’s a simple thing to create an ISO or Windows 10 installation USB drive using the tool.

I use the following link which will just allow you to download the individual ISO files.  I am creating VM’s and don’t use the media creation tool.

Hope this helps,

Jim Weiss

“Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood.” | Helen Keller

On May 16, 2020, at 9:29 PM, William Vandervest <timelord09@...> wrote:

Can anybody please tell me where I can download a win10 home image file, and an image file for win10 pro.

Thanks

William Vandervest

There are none so blind as those who will not se “anon”e

On Sun, May 17, 2020 at 08:30 AM, Jim Weiss wrote:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10ISO#mainContent
If activated here in the US it takes you to the same information as the standard Windows 10 Download Page.  The page has the Update Assistant (Update Now button) and Media Creation Tool (Download tool now button).

I always suggest using the Media Creation Tool and choosing the option to create media for another machine, and saving the ISO itself.  It can be very handy to have the ISO around later for either a repair install or to burn to a flash drive to update other machines, and you don't have to spend the time it takes to download it again.

The page for doing either an in-place feature update or fetching the Media Creation Tool has been unchanged for years now.  If you have an ISO that's many months old, even if it's for the current version of Windows 10, it can be worth it to download a fresher one.

Sarah k Alawami

Actually you can get to the iso things on a mac. I can if using mac os download the isos fine, or I did last year when I had a sped boosted done and needed a way to test it. Got my 1 gig plus on the download side of things. So try from a mac or non windows machine.

Good luck.

On Sun, May 17, 2020 at 10:53 AM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
Actually you can get to the iso things on a mac.
I'm quite sure you can under Windows, too.  But what's the point?

The Media Creation Tool builds you the very latest ISO that is available.  The time difference between downloading a built ISO, which will be older in almost all cases, and using the Media Creation Tool is negligible.

When it comes to Windows 10, the freshness of the ISO you're getting or install drive you're building is very important.  Why not use the incredibly easy method supplied by Microsoft for this purpose?  It's not like the Media Creation Tool is inaccessible nor asks you hundreds of questions.  You confirm a couple of things about what it is you're actually seeking and then walk away until it finishes.

Exactly, I can download the Media Creation tool for the current version of Windows whether it’s 1909 or the upcoming 2004 and I can keep it in my downloads folder until the next version of Windows comes out in 6 months or so.

I can then use it to make an ISO file in very short order at any time whether it’s right away or in 3 month or in 5 months hence making sure I have the latest version just as Brian pointed out.

On Sun, May 17, 2020 at 10:53 AM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

Actually you can get to the iso things on a mac.

I'm quite sure you can under Windows, too.  But what's the point?

The Media Creation Tool builds you the very latest ISO that is available.  The time difference between downloading a built ISO, which will be older in almost all cases, and using the Media Creation Tool is negligible.

When it comes to Windows 10, the freshness of the ISO you're getting or install drive you're building is very important.  Why not use the incredibly easy method supplied by Microsoft for this purpose?  It's not like the Media Creation Tool is inaccessible nor asks you hundreds of questions.  You confirm a couple of things about what it is you're actually seeking and then walk away until it finishes.

William Vandervest

If I use the media creation tool to createausb installation of win10 on a home machine, how can I install win10 pro on a different machine?

Thanks

On Sun, May 17, 2020 at 11:39 AM, William Vandervest wrote:
If I use the media creation tool to createausb installation of win10 on a home machine, how can I install win10 pro on a different machine?
This will sound snarky, but it isn't:  By using it, along with a valid Windows 10 Pro Key, to install on that different machine.

As Joseph Lee has already pointed out, there is but a single ISO for Windows 10 Home and Pro versions.   What determines what gets installed is the license key used, if you're doing a new installation on a machine that's never had Windows 10 on it, or the pre-existing version on a given machine if you're reinstalling it.

And, furthermore, all underlying code for Pro is installed as part of a Windows 10 Home install, but the Pro features are not activated.  One can upgrade to Pro without reinstalling anything.  You just to to Settings, Update & Security, Activation Pane and activate the Change product key link.  Then you furnish a Pro product key and it goes about the task of activating the Pro features (and snagging any updates that may apply to same that it hadn't bothered with because they were inactive).

Well there are no more windows additions as far as actual images.

Instead its all to do with the licence of windows.

If you upgrade that licence which will be registered to your microsoft account you can simply load it in.

I am not sure what happens if you have brought multiple licences for multiple additions on the same account and how that would work.

On 18/05/2020 3:39 am, William Vandervest wrote:

[...]

Angus

Hi William & others,

I am like a lot of other people & have many reasons why I want to download the ISO rather than having some microsoft tool to do it.

cant remember the website I got this from but I have done it & it works..

I used chrome & jaws

let me know if its to hard to follow & I will re write it from a jaws & keyboard

Perspective

instructions below
hope it helps

To get started, open Chrome and head to the

Click the three dots at the top of your Chrome browser, and then select More Tools > Developer Tools. Alternatively, you can press Ctrl+Shift+I on the keyboard.

Click the three dots, point to More Tools, and then click Developer Tools.

Click the menu icon, and then select More Tools > Network Conditions to enable it.

Click the menu icon, select "More Tools," and then click "Network Conditions."

Under the “User Agent” section, uncheck “Select Automatically.”

Uncheck the "Select Automatically" option.

Chrome offers a long list of pre-configured user agents to choose from. Click the drop-down menu and select one.

The selection list of all the preconfigured user agents in Chrome.

For this to work, you have to trick Microsoft into thinking you’re using a non-Windows operating system. Anything that isn’t Windows-based will suffice, so we’ll select BlackBerry BB10.

Select Blackberry BB10 from the list of user agents.

Keep the Developer Tools pane open and refresh the download page. This time, when it loads, you’ll see a drop-down menu where you can select the edition of the Windows 10 ISO you want to download.

Select an edition of Windows 10 to download.

Select an edition, and then click “Confirm.”

Click "Confirm."

Select your preferred language and then click “Confirm.”

Select a language, and then click "Confirm."

Finally, click either the 32- or 64-bit to start the download. Download links are valid for 24 hours from the time of creation.

Select either the 32- or 64-bit version of Windows 10.

If prompted, choose a destination for the download, and then click “Save.”

Select the folder you want Windows 10 to download to, and then click "Save."

Your browser’s user agent will return to normal as soon as you close Chrome’s developer tools.

Sent: Sunday, May 17, 2020 11:29 AM

Can anybody please tell me where I can download a win10 home image file, and an image file for win10 pro.

Thanks

William Vandervest

Timelord09@...

There are none so blind as those who will not se “anon”e

Wow, that is sure a lot of trouble to go through to do something which is so easy to do with the Media Creation Tool. I guess to each their own, but I’d rather have 1 ISO which I know has everything I want for the installation on my PC instead of having to download a particular ISO for 32 Bit or 64 Bit and possibly even separate ones for Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional etc.

I am really curious what 2 or 3 of the “many reasons” are why you aren’t happy with the ISO the Media Creation tool creates, it’s still an ISO after all so what difference does it make how you get said ISO.

Sent: Sunday, May 17, 2020 11:29 AM

Can anybody please tell me where I can download a win10 home image file, and an image file for win10 pro.

Thanks

William Vandervest

Timelord09@...

There are none so blind as those who will not se “anon”e

It is impossible to believe that when you can get something, at no cost, directly from the entity that created it, that "some other source" is preferable.  It makes zero sense.

If Microsoft makes a thing, and gives me the means to obtain it, then getting it straight from the source is the one and only sensible way to go.

As someone on another tech forum I've been on for years says, "A word to the wise is sufficient."

I was able to duplicate Angus’s instructions. However, I would like to point out that it will not let you choose specific Windows 10 editions (you can choose architecture and language, nothing else). You should know by now why you can’t choose individual editions:

https://win10.groups.io/g/win10/message/10852?p=,,,20,0,0,0::Created,,install.wim,20,2,0,3153677

Although Angus’s instructions will let you download a specific ISO image (based on language and architecture), it is more convenient to go with Media Creation Tool, as it’ll automatically detect the appropriate ISO image for you or let you choose the one you want, all from the tool itself. Besides, it won’t be long before 32-bit ISO files are removed (the ability to let OEM’s ship with 32-bit Windows 10 is no more as of upcoming May 2020 Update); I expect 32-bit to retire with the next long-term servicing channel release or shortly after that.

It is impossible to believe that when you can get something, at no cost, directly from the entity that created it, that "some other source" is preferable.  It makes zero sense.

If Microsoft makes a thing, and gives me the means to obtain it, then getting it straight from the source is the one and only sensible way to go.

As someone on another tech forum I've been on for years says, "A word to the wise is sufficient."

William Vandervest

Edited

WV asked, "What about those of us who have bit machines, does that mean that we will no longer be getting win10 updates or be able to upgrade to the next major win10 revision?"

No.  OEMs will not be allowed to ship with 32-bit, and I don't know of any who've done so for years now, as virtually all hardware has been 64-bit for ages now.

32-bit is still supported, for the time being, for those who are running it, whether on actual old 32-bit hardware or old 64-bit hardware that was shipped with 32-bit Win7 and upgraded to 32-bit Win 10.  And if you are someone who is running 32-bit Windows 10 on 64-bit hardware, you can do a "nuke and pave" change to 64-bit at no charge.  There is no upgrade path from 32-bit to 64-bit that doesn't involve doing a clean reinstall of Windows 10.

[...]

Cheers,32

Joseph

It is impossible to believe that when you can get something, at no cost, directly from the entity that created it, that "some other source" is preferable.  It makes zero sense.

If Microsoft makes a thing, and gives me the means to obtain it, then getting it straight from the source is the one and only sensible way to go.

As someone on another tech forum I've been on for years says, "A word to the wise is sufficient."

Correct as far as OEM installations are concerned, although some low-end tablets shipped with 32-bit Windows images. The only device families supporting 32-bit Windows 10 (at least ones widely used) are PC’s and internet of things (IoT); Windows 10 Mobile and Mobile Enterprise, although supporting 32-bit ARM, are no longer supported. Windows Server and Xbox One family are exclusively 64-bit.

[...]

A fellow VIP asked on how to do something, [download a w10 ISO], I had the ability to help them so I did.

Their reasons for wanting to do so are not up to me to ridicule or question.

It’s of no interest to me what people find impossible to believe or not!

Opinions are like assholes everyone has one but you don’t want to hear it.

I hope it helped William & you got what you wanted.

Sent: Friday, May 22, 2020 2:11 AM