Version 21H1: rolling out to more people, and on some devices, it will be an automated process #windowsupdatestatus #WinTen21H1

Hi all,

Almost every version of Windows 10 (at least recent releases) do have a presence on Windows Health Dashboard, including Version 21H1:

Windows 10, version 21H1 | Microsoft Docs

The dashboard was updated on June 2, 2021 to say:

Windows 10, version 21H1 is available for users with devices running Windows 10, version 20H2 and version 2004 who manually select “Check for updates” via Windows Update. The recommended servicing status is Semi-Annual Channel.

We also started the first phase in our rollout for machine learning (ML) training, targeting devices on Windows 10, version 2004 to update automatically to Windows 10, version 21H1. We will continue to train our machine learning through all phases to intelligently rollout new versions of Windows 10 and deliver a smooth update experience.

Note We are initially throttling up availability over the coming weeks to ensure a reliable download experience. As a result, the update may not be offered to you right away. For more details, see How to get the Windows 10 May 2021 Update.

That is, anyone running Version 2004 or 20H2 can check for updates and 21H1 will show up for them, or in some cases, installation will be automated. This is a standard procedure when an older release is about to go out of support (in this case, Version 2004 in December 2021) and a new version was released (21H1). I expect this rollout will expand to cover older releases such as Version 1909.