Topics

locked upgrade.

Billy Inglis

hi guys, I have an elderly blind friend who is running windows7 and jaws screen reader, but she wishes to upgrade to win10.
Remembering she is elderly and blind and not a techy person.
Would it be possible for her to get an upgrade to windows10 from Microsoft?, and if so would she be able to run the upgrade herself?.

yes.
or what you could do is use jaws tandem or some remote software to
connect and help in upgrading.
once you run the media creation tool and start the upgrade she must
just click on reboot and after rebooting cortana will come up talking
so may be you could help over the phone in finishing the setup.

On 11/21/20, Billy Inglis <billyinglis49@...> wrote:
hi guys, I have an elderly blind friend who is running windows7 and jaws
screen reader, but she wishes to upgrade to win10.
Remembering she is elderly and blind and not a techy person.
Would it be possible for her to get an upgrade to windows10 from
Microsoft?, and if so would she be able to run the upgrade herself?.

@austin
follow me on twitter.
austinmpinto
contact me on skype.
austin.pinto3

Billy,

          Please don't start a topic that you already started before, only 10 days ago, and where every option has been discussed to the point of exhaustion:  In-Place Upgrade from Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 - Still Possible in November 2020

           There is nothing that anyone could add to the information that was provided in that topic.  Review it if necessary.  This topic is now locked.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss