Topics

updating to Windows 10 2004

meadowlark226

Hello Everyone,

I'm updating to Windows 2004 right now. Cool! My computer has finally decided to do so.

Now, however, I have an error! I am getting an error. I'm getting an Office 2003 update error. The update error goes like this.

Office 2003 update error: KB907417 Download error: 0X8096004

I don't even know what that is. Needless to say it won't straighten itself out.

Take care, it doesn't seem to stop 2004 from updating.

Brenda

mailto:meadowlark226@...

Sarah k Alawami

You might want to go from 2003 to 2016 or 19. They will be more compatible with windows 2004 I believe.

On 27 Jul 2020, at 19:08, meadowlark226 wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I'm updating to Windows 2004 right now. Cool! My computer has finally decided to do so.

Now, however, I have an error! I am getting an error. I'm getting an Office 2003 update error. The update error goes like this.

Office 2003 update error: KB907417 Download error: 0X8096004

I don't even know what that is. Needless to say it won't straighten itself out.

Take care, it doesn't seem to stop 2004 from updating.

Brenda

mailto:meadowlark226@...

meadowlark226

Yeah, you're probably right. About how much do they cost?

Brenda

You might want to go from 2003 to 2016 or 19. They will be more compatible with windows 2004 I believe.

On 27 Jul 2020, at 19:08, meadowlark226 wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I'm updating to Windows 2004 right now. Cool! My computer has finally decided to do so.

Now, however, I have an error! I am getting an error. I'm getting an Office 2003 update error. The update error goes like this.

Office 2003 update error: KB907417 Download error: 0X8096004

I don't even know what that is. Needless to say it won't straighten itself out.

Take care, it doesn't seem to stop 2004 from updating.

Brenda

mailto:meadowlark226@...

The price depends on what edition of Office, what version of office, and whether or not you're willing to try a recycled license obtained from the grey market.

All of my Office 2016 licenses, and one Office 2019 license obtained for a residential client, were obtained via the grey market on eBay.

You also have the option of using LibreOffice, which is an open-source, full-featured Office suite that is accessible.  But like with any software switch (which you'll be doing anyway, since 2003 was the last of the menu driven Office versions) you'll have a learning curve.

Life is the art of drawing sufficient conclusions from insufficient premises.

         ~ Samuel Butler, 1835-1902

meadowlark226

Yeah, I'd take anything I could get. I really do know that 2003 lost its support long long time ago. I suppose 2019 would be the best, since Windows 2004 would support that one.

Thanks,

Brenda

The price depends on what edition of Office, what version of office, and whether or not you're willing to try a recycled license obtained from the grey market.

All of my Office 2016 licenses, and one Office 2019 license obtained for a residential client, were obtained via the grey market on eBay.

You also have the option of using LibreOffice, which is an open-source, full-featured Office suite that is accessible. But like with any software switch (which you'll be doing anyway, since 2003 was the last of the menu driven Office versions) you'll have a learning curve.

Life is the art of drawing sufficient conclusions from insufficient premises.

~ Samuel Butler, 1835-1902

Sarah k Alawami

Youcan probably find a license on amazon for maybe about $20 or so. I don't have office right now as I don't need it. That will change maybe in a few months when and if I start school.

On 27 Jul 2020, at 20:19, meadowlark226 wrote:

Yeah, you're probably right. About how much do they cost?

Brenda

You might want to go from 2003 to 2016 or 19. They will be more compatible with windows 2004 I believe.

On 27 Jul 2020, at 19:08, meadowlark226 wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I'm updating to Windows 2004 right now. Cool! My computer has finally decided to do so.

Now, however, I have an error! I am getting an error. I'm getting an Office 2003 update error. The update error goes like this.

Office 2003 update error: KB907417 Download error: 0X8096004

I don't even know what that is. Needless to say it won't straighten itself out.

Take care, it doesn't seem to stop 2004 from updating.

Brenda

mailto:meadowlark226@...

meadowlark226

Yeah, I basically only need the word processor part.

Brenda

You might want to go from 2003 to 2016 or 19. They will be more compatible with windows 2004 I believe.

On 27 Jul 2020, at 19:08, meadowlark226 wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I'm updating to Windows 2004 right now. Cool! My computer has finally decided to do so.

Now, however, I have an error! I am getting an error. I'm getting an Office 2003 update error. The update error goes like this.

Office 2003 update error: KB907417 Download error: 0X8096004

I don't even know what that is. Needless to say it won't straighten itself out.

Take care, it doesn't seem to stop 2004 from updating.

Brenda

mailto:meadowlark226@...

Delma

is there a new windows out, I thought windows 10 was the new one

On Tue, Jul 28, 2020 at 10:25 AM, Delma wrote:
I thought windows 10 was the new one
Windows 10 is the current Windows.  Windows 10 gets Feature Updates approximately 2 times per year which change its version and build numbers.

The latest version, 2004, is in the process of rolling out to all Windows users, slowly.  If you're not already on 2004, you should be on Version 1909.  You can hit the Windows Key, immediately type winver, then hit enter and a dialog will appear that gives you the version and build number information for the Windows 10 that's running on any machine that is running Windows 10.

Life is the art of drawing sufficient conclusions from insufficient premises.

         ~ Samuel Butler, 1835-1902

Sarah k Alawami

Yes. Windows 10 2004.

Take care and hope that helps.

is there a new windows out, I thought windows 10 was the new one

You might want to go from 2003 to 2016 or 19. They will be more compatible with windows 2004 I believe.

On 27 Jul 2020, at 19:08, meadowlark226 wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I'm updating to Windows 2004 right now. Cool! My computer has finally decided to do so.

Now, however, I have an error! I am getting an error. I'm getting an Office 2003 update error. The update error goes like this.

Office 2003 update error: KB907417 Download error: 0X8096004

I don't even know what that is. Needless to say it won't straighten itself out.

Take care, it doesn't seem to stop 2004 from updating.

Brenda

mailto:meadowlark226@...

meadowlark226

Windows 10 2004. It took until four o'clock this morning before it finally updated. I'm still getting the 2003 Office error code I wrote about earlier, though. I guess that thing's not going to update.

Brenda

is there a new windows out, I thought windows 10 was the new one

You might want to go from 2003 to 2016 or 19. They will be more compatible with windows 2004 I believe.

On 27 Jul 2020, at 19:08, meadowlark226 wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I'm updating to Windows 2004 right now. Cool! My computer has finally decided to do so.

Now, however, I have an error! I am getting an error. I'm getting an Office 2003 update error. The update error goes like this.

Office 2003 update error: KB907417 Download error: 0X8096004

I don't even know what that is. Needless to say it won't straighten itself out.

Take care, it doesn't seem to stop 2004 from updating.

Brenda

mailto:meadowlark226@...

You will need office 2010 and higher to work.