From: win10@win10.groups.io [mailto:win10@win10.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ann
Byrne
Sent: Sunday, June 28, 2020 5:12 PM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: [win10] Turning off the reader in chrome

I found the reader on the Google Chrome toolbar, and the lady read
ok. However, I did not find a way to stop her, even after closing
Chrome, except in the task manager. I'm guessing there is an easier way?

Bill White

Hi again, Ann. When you speak of the reader in Google Chrome, are you
speaking of the Read Aloud extension offered by lsdsoftware.com?

Bill White
billwhite92701@...

I found the reader on the Google Chrome toolbar, and the lady read
ok. However, I did not find a way to stop her, even after closing
Chrome, except in the task manager. I'm guessing there is an easier way?

Ann Byrne

Hi, Bill,

I have version 83.something or other of Google Chrome, and the reader is on the toolbar accessed by f6, then tab. When I press enter on it, the thing starts reading and I'm struggling to figure out how to stop it. I did finally manage, but it was after so many keystrokes I don't know which of my flailings did the trick. I am not aware of enabling an addon, but I suppose I might have. I am working my way through Dean martineau's book, "get Cracking with Google Chrome", and getting myself into all kinds of interesting situations.

At 08:11 PM 6/28/2020, you wrote:
Hi, Ann. I don't even find the reader in Google Chrome. Maybe it's the way I
set up Chrome. What website did you read, and how did you get to the Google
Chrome reader?

Bill White
billwhite92701@...

I found the reader on the Google Chrome toolbar, and the lady read
ok. However, I did not find a way to stop her, even after closing
Chrome, except in the task manager. I'm guessing there is an easier way?

Ann Byrne

Whatever I did, I made it disappear. Phew!

At 08:11 PM 6/28/2020, you wrote:
Hi, Ann. I don't even find the reader in Google Chrome. Maybe it's the way I
set up Chrome. What website did you read, and how did you get to the Google
Chrome reader?

Bill White
billwhite92701@...

I found the reader on the Google Chrome toolbar, and the lady read
ok. However, I did not find a way to stop her, even after closing
Chrome, except in the task manager. I'm guessing there is an easier way?

Bill White

Hi, Ann. Which website were you using with Reader Mode. I don't find it in
my tool bar on most websites, and I'm using the most current Google Chrome
version.

Bill White
billwhite92701@...