Topics

Turned the Speech settings on in Ease of Access, but they come on automatically at startup--how to stop this?

Ashleigh Piccinino

Hello,

I really didn’t know what the speech settings—talk instead of type—did in ease of access settings. All I wanted was a way to dictate with JAWS when I needed to, not everything else. Now, the settings spoken of automatically turn on at startup, and I don’t want this. Of course, I don’t want to restore my PC—not a good idea. However, I’d like to turn these settings off so that only the dictation with JAWS is available. I hope I’m making sense, but if not, that’s okay/tell me.

Ashleigh Piccinino

P.S. I want to turn the settings for dictate instead of type—speech recognition, in other words—off and keep it off at startup but hopefully still use JAWS to dictate with Word and all that when needed.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10