From: Don H
Sent: Friday, June 4, 2021 5:59 PM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: [win10] trouble with bank site

Has anyone else had any issues with banking sites after updating to

windows 21.h?  In my case two accounts I have with Synchrony bank allows

me to get to the sign in page but after entering my user name and

password it says the site is currently having technical difficulty and

please try again later.  on another computer running windows 20.h2 it

works fine.

tim

i deal with Chase bank and have no problems online with any browser. There problem is the app, To much commercial trash for a banking app.

I did get them to clean it up some, but that took some legal paper at them for action.

On 6/4/2021 8:59 PM, Don H wrote:
Has anyone else had any issues with banking sites after updating to windows 21.h?  In my case two accounts I have with Synchrony bank allows me to get to the sign in page but after entering my user name and password it says the site is currently having technical difficulty and please try again later.  on another computer running windows 20.h2 it works fine.

Bill Powers

Tim,

It seems most bank sites have too many ads on the top and bottom. It would be nice to have a clean, uncluttered page but wonder if that exists anymore?

BP

Sarah k Alawami

Huh? The chase app is fine. I contacted them about the website etc and app and did not have to go through legal options, they just fixed it, this was several years ago. I feel quite proud of that though.

On 6/4/2021 8:59 PM, Don H wrote:
Has anyone else had any issues with banking sites after updating to
windows 21.h? In my case two accounts I have with Synchrony bank
allows me to get to the sign in page but after entering my user name
and password it says the site is currently having technical difficulty
and please try again later. on another computer running windows 20.h2
it works fine.

tim

You should of tried the app 6 months ago. you had to go through 3 screens to get to any useful info. They had no banking info on first screen just commercial junk.

now you do have links that do give you all your info on one screen. I also get the same with my credit card info. Where before that info was berried so deep why bother getting one.

This wasn't the first time I took legal against Chase. So they do know me well, and now I test there apps for them. Just wish it paid.

On 6/4/2021 8:59 PM, Don H wrote:
Has anyone else had any issues with banking sites after updating to
windows 21.h? In my case two accounts I have with Synchrony bank
allows me to get to the sign in page but after entering my user name
and password it says the site is currently having technical difficulty
and please try again later. on another computer running windows 20.h2
it works fine.

Sarah k Alawami

I did try the app 6 months ago. It was fine. I didn't have to wade through anything. I could get to my accounts, my credit reports and all necessary info. I can do that on the site to and all of it is about 90 percent accessible. I've been with chase off and on since 2007. Lol!

On 6/4/2021 8:59 PM, Don H wrote:
Has anyone else had any issues with banking sites after updating to
windows 21.h? In my case two accounts I have with Synchrony bank
allows me to get to the sign in page but after entering my user name
and password it says the site is currently having technical difficulty
and please try again later. on another computer running windows 20.h2
it works fine.

gbmagoo@...

I use chase as my primary bank, and it is totally accessible for me with iPhone app, and online.

On 6/4/2021 8:59 PM, Don H wrote:
Has anyone else had any issues with banking sites after updating to
windows 21.h? In my case two accounts I have with Synchrony bank
allows me to get to the sign in page but after entering my user name
and password it says the site is currently having technical
difficulty and please try again later. on another computer running
windows 20.h2 it works fine.

Bill Powers

Chase has actually been much more receptive to making their website accessible just as they were the first ones to get onboard with the talking ATM’s that were set up to read checks, deposit slips or money no matter if inserted upside. I wish other banks were as receptive. I’d still be with Chase if they had a convenient branch location. Wells is actually pretty accessible other than the password problem mentioned by another poster.

BP

Bill Powers

Tim,

That’s sad that Chase went the route of cluttering pages with ads. The last time I used Chase was years ago and it was a clean ad-free site then. Even my bank, US Bank, puts ads on their page but it’s divided into three sections and I tab to the end to do the log-in. With them my biggest peave is their print is very pale so it’s hard to read it. they must think everyone has superhuman vision.

BP

tim

The web site I never had a problem, even paying bills.

Just in the past 2 years they changed the app. To push offers, stock and credit cards along with loans.

i just told them straight out when you open your bank app what do you want to see. your financial info or advertising for useless offers and credit cards?

The junk is still there but with main links that give you what you want.

no more playing hide and seek just to find out how much you have and what took it.

On 6/5/2021 12:02 PM, Bill Powers wrote:

Chase has actually been much more receptive to making their website accessible just as they were the first ones to get onboard with the talking ATM’s that were set up to read checks, deposit slips or money no matter if inserted upside. I wish other banks were as receptive. I’d still be with Chase if they had a convenient branch location. Wells is actually pretty accessible other than the password problem mentioned by another poster.

BP

Sarah k Alawami

Again, I could navigate it fine. I didn’t mind the adds as they were not intrusive to my work flow. IN fact it was very well organized even in 2017 when I first started using their app on other platforms.

[...]

g melconian

Can you set up your browser to  avoid ads or have extension in your browser to  avoid ads while using NVDA.

g melconian

I use it on android and its working for me as well.