Topics

Taskbar

Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES)

Hi friends,

Just some general advice really, I am quite set in my ways but not sure I am using Microsoft Windows 10 in the most efficient way.

I Normally have a few applications open all the time e.g. Outlook, our call management system, a remote desktop window for example.

When I switch between these apps, I always use alt tab which means that sometimes I have to multiple alt+tab.

My understanding is that the apps are down in the taskbar when I move out of them?

So if for example I memorised the number of an app in the task bar, I could jump direct to it each time I want it rather than having to multiple alt tab tuntil I find it, does that make sense?

And to jump direct to a numbered app in the taskbar, I hold down the windows key and the numbers 1 through 9?

Steven Hicks

Servicedesk 2 Team Leader

Tel:  01209 318620.

Mobile:  07393 792548.

EMail:  Steven.Hicks@...

Monte Single

Yes, I think yo have the right idea; but, I think you can use one through zero.

[...]

Is it the windows key and the number?

[...]

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Steven. Yes, Windows key plus the number.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

[...]

Yes, it is the windows key plus a number from zero through nine.  Use the numbers on the number row.

[...]

Brilliant, thanks again to you and everyone for all your help today!

[...]

Mike B

You can also try the, Windows key + Q, keystroke.  This keystroke puts me in a search box no matter where I invoke it.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.

[...]

Does that work in the control panel as well as sometimes it is useful when in there to click to the search box rather than tabbing around to find it.

[...]

Yes, it works from anywhere on the computer.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.