Topics

Taskbar

Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES)

Hi friends,

Just some general advice really, I am quite set in my ways but not sure I am using Microsoft Windows 10 in the most efficient way.

I Normally have a few applications open all the time e.g. Outlook, our call management system, a remote desktop window for example.

When I switch between these apps, I always use alt tab which means that sometimes I have to multiple alt+tab.

My understanding is that the apps are down in the taskbar when I move out of them?

So if for example I memorised the number of an app in the task bar, I could jump direct to it each time I want it rather than having to multiple alt tab tuntil I find it, does that make sense?

And to jump direct to a numbered app in the taskbar, I hold down the windows key and the numbers 1 through 9?

Steven Hicks

Servicedesk 2 Team Leader

Tel:  01209 318620.

Mobile:  07393 792548.

EMail:  Steven.Hicks@...

********************************************************************************************************************

This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient please inform the
sender that you have received the message in error before deleting it.
Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in relation to its contents. To do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Thank you for your co-operation.

NHSmail is the secure email and directory service available for all NHS staff in England and Scotland. NHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other sensitive information with NHSmail and other accredited email services.

For more information and to find out how you can switch, https://portal.nhs.net/help/joiningnhsmail

Monte Single

Yes, I think yo have the right idea; but, I think you can use one through zero.

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES) via groups.io
Sent: January 21, 2021 2:21 AM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: [win10] Taskbar

Hi friends,

Just some general advice really, I am quite set in my ways but not sure I am using Microsoft Windows 10 in the most efficient way.

I Normally have a few applications open all the time e.g. Outlook, our call management system, a remote desktop window for example.

When I switch between these apps, I always use alt tab which means that sometimes I have to multiple alt+tab.

My understanding is that the apps are down in the taskbar when I move out of them?

So if for example I memorised the number of an app in the task bar, I could jump direct to it each time I want it rather than having to multiple alt tab tuntil I find it, does that make sense?

And to jump direct to a numbered app in the taskbar, I hold down the windows key and the numbers 1 through 9?

Steven Hicks

********************************************************************************************************************

This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient please inform the
Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in relation to its contents. To do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Thank you for your co-operation.

NHSmail is the secure email and directory service available for all NHS staff in England and Scotland. NHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other sensitive information with NHSmail and other accredited email services.

For more information and to find out how you can switch, https://portal.nhs.net/help/joiningnhsmail

Steven Hicks

Is it the windows key and the number?

From: win10@win10.groups.io [mailto:win10@win10.groups.io] On Behalf Of Monte Single
Sent: 21 January 2021 08:33
Subject: Re: [win10] Taskbar

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES) via groups.io

Hi friends,

Steven Hicks

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Steven. Yes, Windows key plus the number.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: win10@win10.groups.io [mailto:win10@win10.groups.io] On Behalf Of Steven Hicks
Sent: Thursday, January 21, 2021 11:09 AM

From: win10@win10.groups.io [mailto:win10@win10.groups.io] On Behalf Of Monte Single

Hi friends,

Steven Hicks

Monte Single

Yes, it is the windows key plus a number from zero through nine.  Use the numbers on the number row.

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Steven Hicks
Sent: January 21, 2021 1:09 PM

Hi friends,

Steven Hicks

Steven Hicks

Brilliant, thanks again to you and everyone for all your help today!

Sent: 21 January 2021 19:16

Yes, it is the windows key plus a number from zero through nine.  Use the numbers on the number row.

Hi friends,

Steven Hicks

Mike B

You can also try the, Windows key + Q, keystroke.  This keystroke puts me in a search box no matter where I invoke it.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, January 21, 2021 12:56 PM

Hi friends,

Steven Hicks

Steven Hicks

Does that work in the control panel as well as sometimes it is useful when in there to click to the search box rather than tabbing around to find it.

From: win10@win10.groups.io [mailto:win10@win10.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: 21 January 2021 22:08

You can also try the, Windows key + Q, keystroke.  This keystroke puts me in a search box no matter where I invoke it.

Hi friends,

Steven Hicks

Mike B

Yes, it works from anywhere on the computer.

Sent: Friday, January 22, 2021 10:51 AM

Does that work in the control panel as well as sometimes it is useful when in there to click to the search box rather than tabbing around to find it.

From: win10@win10.groups.io [mailto:win10@win10.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: 21 January 2021 22:08

Hi friends,

Steven Hicks