Topics

Syntax for creating a shortcut for Run shell:appsfolder

Dennis Brown

Can someone give me the syntax for creating a shortcut for

Run shell:appsfolder

Thanks

1. Gain focus on your desktop.

2. Open context menu and choose New, Shortcut.

3. In Shortcut dialog, target field, enter:  %windir%\explorer.exe shell:Appsfolder

4. In start in field, enter:  %windir%

5. If you want a keyboard shortcut to invoke it, set that as you desire.

6. Switch over to the General Tab (all of the above will be in the Shortcut Tab, which opens by default), and enter the name you want this shortcut to be known by in the edit box.

7. Activate OK key.

Life is the art of drawing sufficient conclusions from insufficient premises.

         ~ Samuel Butler, 1835-1902

Dennis Brown

Thanks, Brian!

2. Open context menu and choose New, Shortcut.

3. In Shortcut dialog, target field, enter:  %windir%\explorer.exe shell:Appsfolder

4. In start in field, enter:  %windir%

5. If you want a keyboard shortcut to invoke it, set that as you desire.

6. Switch over to the General Tab (all of the above will be in the Shortcut Tab, which opens by default), and enter the name you want this shortcut to be known by in the edit box.

7. Activate OK key.

Life is the art of drawing sufficient conclusions from insufficient premises.

         ~ Samuel Butler, 1835-1902

Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES)

Can someone give me the syntax for creating a shortcut for

Run shell:appsfolder

Thanks

On Mon, Aug 3, 2020 at 06:55 AM, Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES) wrote:
Shell:appsfolder
-
Steven,

             This was in the very first post asking the question, and the question was how to create a shortcut on the desktop to do this, not the syntax for the command.  The actual question was answered, in detail, by me.

              Please read through the entirety of a topic before responding.  I am going to start riding the membership, and hard, about posting repetitious material that was already present hours to days before their responses.  It is your (all you-s who are members) to read through the entirety of a topic before responding to it.  This needs to become standard practice.

Life is the art of drawing sufficient conclusions from insufficient premises.

         ~ Samuel Butler, 1835-1902

That should have been "your (all you-s) obligation".

Please read through any topic, particularly ones you may not have been following since their start, before adding to them.  This one, including this correction, is under 10 messages long.

Life is the art of drawing sufficient conclusions from insufficient premises.

         ~ Samuel Butler, 1835-1902

Mickey Quenzer

Hello Brian:

I read your message, and can’t figure out how to find the first message you are discussing.

I am relatively new with this list, and can’t follow your Brief, and rude descriptions. If you can’t contribute constructive critisisum, please refrain.

[...]

Sarah k Alawami

It's a threaded email. Raead yoru client's documentation on how to access those. Also do a search in the group's message archive list viaw the search utility there. Also, read the thread on the web. It is all very easy to do, and will take practice as well.

Blessings.

On Mon, Aug 3, 2020 at 10:22 PM, Mickey Quenzer wrote:
I am relatively new with this list, and can’t follow your Brief, and rude descriptions. If you can’t contribute constructive critisisum, please refrain.
And if you cannot look up how to use threaded or conversation view (it's known as both) in an e-mail client or webmail, then it's incumbent on YOU to do so.  This group is not about the basics of email.

My posting history, and service to this group, stands just fine on its own.  And I won't suffer fools gladly.