Topics

Syntax for creating a shortcut for Run shell:appsfolder

Dennis Brown

Can someone give me the syntax for creating a shortcut for

Run shell:appsfolder

Thanks

Virus-free. www.avg.com

1. Gain focus on your desktop.

2. Open context menu and choose New, Shortcut.

3. In Shortcut dialog, target field, enter:  %windir%\explorer.exe shell:Appsfolder

4. In start in field, enter:  %windir%

5. If you want a keyboard shortcut to invoke it, set that as you desire.

6. Switch over to the General Tab (all of the above will be in the Shortcut Tab, which opens by default), and enter the name you want this shortcut to be known by in the edit box.

7. Activate OK key.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363

Life is the art of drawing sufficient conclusions from insufficient premises.

~ Samuel Butler, 1835-1902

Dennis Brown

Thanks, Brian!

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Thursday, July 30, 2020 11:21 AM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] Syntax for creating a shortcut for Run shell:appsfolder

1. Gain focus on your desktop.

2. Open context menu and choose New, Shortcut.

3. In Shortcut dialog, target field, enter:  %windir%\explorer.exe shell:Appsfolder

4. In start in field, enter:  %windir%

5. If you want a keyboard shortcut to invoke it, set that as you desire.

6. Switch over to the General Tab (all of the above will be in the Shortcut Tab, which opens by default), and enter the name you want this shortcut to be known by in the edit box.

7. Activate OK key.

--

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES)

Shell:appsfolder

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dennis Brown
Sent: 30 July 2020 15:59
Subject: [win10] Syntax for creating a shortcut for Run shell:appsfolder

Can someone give me the syntax for creating a shortcut for

Run shell:appsfolder

Thanks

Virus-free. www.avg.com

********************************************************************************************************************

This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient please inform the
sender that you have received the message in error before deleting it.
Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in relation to its contents. To do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Thank you for your co-operation.

NHSmail is the secure email and directory service available for all NHS staff in England and Scotland. NHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other sensitive information with NHSmail and other accredited email services.

For more information and to find out how you can switch, https://portal.nhs.net/help/joiningnhsmail

On Mon, Aug 3, 2020 at 06:55 AM, Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES) wrote:
-
Steven,

This was in the very first post asking the question, and the question was how to create a shortcut on the desktop to do this, not the syntax for the command.  The actual question was answered, in detail, by me.

Please read through the entirety of a topic before responding.  I am going to start riding the membership, and hard, about posting repetitious material that was already present hours to days before their responses.  It is your (all you-s who are members) to read through the entirety of a topic before responding to it.  This needs to become standard practice.

--

That should have been "your (all you-s) obligation".

Please read through any topic, particularly ones you may not have been following since their start, before adding to them.  This one, including this correction, is under 10 messages long.

--

Mickey Quenzer

Hello Brian:

I read your message, and can’t figure out how to find the first message you are discussing.

I am relatively new with this list, and can’t follow your Brief, and rude descriptions. If you can’t contribute constructive critisisum, please refrain.

Sent: Monday, August 3, 2020 9:30 AM

-
Steven,

This was in the very first post asking the question, and the question was how to create a shortcut on the desktop to do this, not the syntax for the command.  The actual question was answered, in detail, by me.

Please read through the entirety of a topic before responding.  I am going to start riding the membership, and hard, about posting repetitious material that was already present hours to days before their responses.  It is your (all you-s who are members) to read through the entirety of a topic before responding to it.  This needs to become standard practice.

--

Sarah k Alawami

It's a threaded email. Raead yoru client's documentation on how to access those. Also do a search in the group's message archive list viaw the search utility there. Also, read the thread on the web. It is all very easy to do, and will take practice as well.

Blessings.

--

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website.

Check out my adventures with a shadow machine.

to subscribe to the feed click here and you can also follow us on twitter

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on twitch. Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page You will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 3 Aug 2020, at 19:22, Mickey Quenzer wrote:

Hello Brian:

I read your message, and can’t figure out how to find the first message you are discussing.

I am relatively new with this list, and can’t follow your Brief, and rude descriptions. If you can’t contribute constructive critisisum, please refrain.

Sent: Monday, August 3, 2020 9:30 AM

-
Steven,

--

On Mon, Aug 3, 2020 at 10:22 PM, Mickey Quenzer wrote:
And if you cannot look up how to use threaded or conversation view (it's known as both) in an e-mail client or webmail, then it's incumbent on YOU to do so.  This group is not about the basics of email.

My posting history, and service to this group, stands just fine on its own.  And I won't suffer fools gladly.

--