Topics

Speak Dropbox

Mike B

Hi All,

I'm running OS latest 20H2, ...906 & Jaws latest.  After this latest cumulative update my Speak Dropbox reports, No Dropbox icon found, even though Dropbox is running and in the system tray.  I've disabled both programs rebooted, enabled both programs and rebooted, , still, I get the , No Dropbox icon found message.  So I uninstalled Speak Dropbox and reinstalled and it's still not recognizing the Dropbox icon and that the program is running.  I do have the notification turned on for Dropbox, although I don't think this matters.

Is anyone else that's running Dropbox and Speak Dropbox having this issue?  Does anyone know how I can get Speak Dropbox to recognize the Dropbox icon?  All help is greatly appreciated and thanks much.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.

Geno Stone

Mike,

I have all the up-dates to Windows ten 20H2 Seems to me the third up-date after the 20h2 with my Jaws 2021 complete up-date, I had this issue, “Where is Drop-box, Can’t find, Joey says!” Called my son and in the System tray, it was hidden, drop-box so speak Joey could not find though  it was hidden. So brought it out of Hidden and bingo Speak drop-box Joey found it!!

So, maybe the case with you, young man.

Geno/Gene the old fart from the top Northeast!

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: Friday, April 2, 2021 8:34 AM
To: Win10 <win10@win10.groups.io>
Subject: [win10] Speak Dropbox

Hi All,

I'm running OS latest 20H2, ...906 & Jaws latest.  After this latest cumulative update my Speak Dropbox reports, No Dropbox icon found, even though Dropbox is running and in the system tray.  I've disabled both programs rebooted, enabled both programs and rebooted, , still, I get the , No Dropbox icon found message.  So I uninstalled Speak Dropbox and reinstalled and it's still not recognizing the Dropbox icon and that the program is running.  I do have the notification turned on for Dropbox, although I don't think this matters.

Is anyone else that's running Dropbox and Speak Dropbox having this issue?  Does anyone know how I can get Speak Dropbox to recognize the Dropbox icon?  All help is greatly appreciated and thanks much.

Mike B

Hi Geno,

No, this is not the case.  I can access both Dropbox and Speak Dropbox from the system tray.  Both programs are working, they're just not communicating with each other.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, April 02, 2021 6:27 AM

Mike,

I have all the up-dates to Windows ten 20H2 Seems to me the third up-date after the 20h2 with my Jaws 2021 complete up-date, I had this issue, “Where is Drop-box, Can’t find, Joey says!” Called my son and in the System tray, it was hidden, drop-box so speak Joey could not find though  it was hidden. So brought it out of Hidden and bingo Speak drop-box Joey found it!!

So, maybe the case with you, young man.

Geno/Gene the old fart from the top Northeast!

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: Friday, April 2, 2021 8:34 AM
To: Win10 <win10@win10.groups.io>

Hi All,