Topics

Sound Card Help Needed

Lynne Moore

Hello Everyone,

I’m not exactly sure if this topic is something I can discuss on this list, so please forgive me if it is not.  I installed a Bluetooth headset on my Dell Inspiron 15 3565 using JAWS 2020.  I am having a lot of trouble with sound stuttering whenever I use the headset unless I play something in the background.  I believe this issue was discussed on this list a few months ago, but unfortunately I didn’t pay much attention since I didn’t have this headset then and I haven’t been able to find the topic when I searched.  Anyway, I found out about this program called Silenzio that would probably fix the problem for me, but I can’t figure out where to download it.  It may be a program that is not being used anymore.  Is there any possibility that someone could send me a link to download this if it is still available?  To keep from cluttering the list, please send to my personal email, lynne57moore@....  Thank you so much for any help you can give.

Lynne Moore

Jeff Christiansen

The JAWS group has a thread on this.

In brief, from the JAWS settings, for the default all applications.

Use control+E, to access the search box.

Type, cut, you should hear the result for this problem with blueTooth and some sound cards, press enter on this.

Using the space bar will turn on or off this feature.

[...]

Hi Jeff,

This is so helpful.  Thank you so much!

Lynne Moore

[...]

Mike B

Here's a little more:

Note: The new setting is explained after the 2 emails.