Topics

Setting Updates

Marie

On my laptop running Win10 2004 and Jaws 2020

When I check for updates, there is an Intel driver available and it tries to install. However I then get a message saying this driver may be older than the one currently on my system. Then my only options are to retry or Turn On. The retry does nothing and I don't find a way to see what the turn on refers to. Never seen this behavior before and there seems to be no way around it.

I have tried a restart of the system but it changes nothing. How can I tell Setting to not install the driver?

Marie

Marie,

If you have a machine with an Intel hardware, I'd strongly suggest that you download and install the Intel Driver & Support Assistant, and follow its lead when it says that there are updates for anything Intel on your computer.  They have been churning out driver updates at a blistering rate for several years now and don't seem to be supplying them to computer OEMs or Microsoft on a timely basis.

I have been using this utility on three systems in my collection to keep the drivers for Intel-made components up-to-date.  Windows Update has never found anything newer than what Intel is issuing themselves.  I do the same thing for my AMD Radeon R7 Graphics with their utility, as AMD has been similarly churning out driver updates.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363

Life is the art of drawing sufficient conclusions from insufficient premises.

~ Samuel Butler, 1835-1902

Marie

I do have the Intel program and I suspect that is why Windows settings is telling me the update is older than what is on my system. My question is how to get past the "Try again" button when I check for updates?

Marie

On 7/30/2020 8:16 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
Marie,

If you have a machine with an Intel hardware, I'd strongly suggest that you download and install the Intel Driver & Support Assistant, and follow its lead when it says that there are updates for anything Intel on your computer.  They have been churning out driver updates at a blistering rate for several years now and don't seem to be supplying them to computer OEMs or Microsoft on a timely basis.

I have been using this utility on three systems in my collection to keep the drivers for Intel-made components up-to-date.  Windows Update has never found anything newer than what Intel is issuing themselves.  I do the same thing for my AMD Radeon R7 Graphics with their utility, as AMD has been similarly churning out driver updates.
--

I have never seen what you describe, so have nothing further I can offer, I'm afraid.

--