Setting default programs

Vicki W

Hi,

Where do I go to set my default programs in Windows 10, such as e-mail?

Thank you.

Vicki

Kevin Minor

Hi Vicki.

Hit the windows key.

Start typing DEFAULT. You’ll get Default Apps.

Press ENTER

This is where you can set default email, browser, etc.

Have a blessed day and don’t work too hard.

Kevin and Jilly

Where do I go to set my default programs in Windows 10, such as e-mail?

Thank you.

Vicki

Bill White

Hi, Vicki. In case you are wondering where the settings for Default Apps actually reside, they are in Settings (Windows key plus I>Apps>Default Apps.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Where do I go to set my default programs in Windows 10, such as e-mail?

Thank you.

Vicki

David W Wood \(G3YXX\)

Bill – all

A first post from me.

When attempting to find a default player for music files, Goldwave isn’t presented in the list.

How do I add it into the list?

ATB

David W Wood

Hi, Vicki. In case you are wondering where the settings for Default Apps actually reside, they are in Settings (Windows key plus I>Apps>Default Apps.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Where do I go to set my default programs in Windows 10, such as e-mail?

Thank you.

Vicki

Bill White

Hi, David. I don't use Goldwave, so I can't experiment with it. One thing you might try is, once you get into Default Apps, TAB over to where it says, "Set defaults by app. You might find it in there. Goldwave may not be considered to be a music player. It might be considered to be an audio editor.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Hi, Vicki. In case you are wondering where the settings for Default Apps actually reside, they are in Settings (Windows key plus I>Apps>Default Apps.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Where do I go to set my default programs in Windows 10, such as e-mail?

Thank you.

Vicki

Sarah k Alawami

You can choose other apps by clicking that option, however goldwave is not a music player per-say. I would choose winamp, vlc, foobar, etc.

Finally, you can support my work on happs, the network of now.

On 2 May 2021, at 0:26, David W Wood \(G3YXX\) via groups.io wrote:

Bill – all

A first post from me.

When attempting to find a default player for music files, Goldwave isn’t presented in the list.

How do I add it into the list?

ATB

David W Wood

Hi, Vicki. In case you are wondering where the settings for Default Apps actually reside, they are in Settings (Windows key plus I>Apps>Default Apps.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Where do I go to set my default programs in Windows 10, such as e-mail?

Thank you.

Vicki

David W Wood \(G3YXX\)

Hi Bill

Look in the Microsoft store is the only option which comes up, apart from WMP, VLC, Groove, etc.

Up until the last but one W10 update Goldwave was included in the list.

Any more thoughts?

ATB

David W Wood

Hi, David. I don't use Goldwave, so I can't experiment with it. One thing you might try is, once you get into Default Apps, TAB over to where it says, "Set defaults by app. You might find it in there. Goldwave may not be considered to be a music player. It might be considered to be an audio editor.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Hi, Vicki. In case you are wondering where the settings for Default Apps actually reside, they are in Settings (Windows key plus I>Apps>Default Apps.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Where do I go to set my default programs in Windows 10, such as e-mail?

Thank you.

Vicki

chris judge

Interesting though. I have both gold wave and studio recorder. Studeo recorder shows up in the list of default apps but gold wave does not.

Chris Judge

JAWS Certified, 2021