Topics

Selecting Text - NVDA & JAWS, Plus JAWS Group Addresses

Marisane Moruthanyana

Hi tech gurus

I trust you are all well and safe where you are.

I am trying to cope.

1. May I bother you?

With NVDA, one can mark a block of text which one needs to delete.

To do that, you press nvda+shftf9 to mark the beginning of the block
and nvda+shftf10 to mark the end of the block.

How is that done with JAWS?

2. how does one join JAWS mailing list? I am asking this, because I
tried to join in but without success.

Your assistance in this regard is appreciated in advance.

Regards
Wally Marisane: SA

chris judge

Hi. To mark a block of text for deletion you can do the following.

Locate the beginning of the text. Press control windows K to mark the beginning of the text. Then navigate to the end of the text and use the layered command insert Spacebar followed by M. This will mark the text. If you want to ascertain that the text selected is correct, press shift insert down arrow to read selected text. You can then delete it, copy it, etc.

Hope this helps. I don't have the subscribe address for the jaws list handy but I'm sure someone will send it out to you soon.

Cheers.

Chris Judge

I trust you are all well and safe where you are.

I am trying to cope.

1. May I bother you?

With NVDA, one can mark a block of text which one needs to delete.

To do that, you press nvda+shftf9 to mark the beginning of the block and nvda+shftf10 to mark the end of the block.

How is that done with JAWS?

2. how does one join JAWS mailing list? I am asking this, because I tried to join in but without success.

Your assistance in this regard is appreciated in advance.

Regards
Wally Marisane: SA

Mike B

Hi Wally,

Here some text selection keystrokes and below that will be links to join 2 Jaws groups.

Selecting / Highlighting text

Selecting a letter/character;  Shift +left arrow selects prior character.  Shift + right arrow selects next character.

Selecting prior word;  Insert/Jaws key, shift + left arrow or control, shift, + left arrow.

Selecting next word;  Insert/Jaws key, shift, + right arrow or control, shift, + right arrow.

Selecting text from cursor to beginning of line;  Shift + Home/7 key on number pad.

Selecting text from cursor to end of line;  Shift +End/1 on the number pad.

Selecting text from cursor to the end of a document;  Control, shift, + end/1 key on the number pad.

Selecting text from cursor to the beginning of a document;  Control, shift, + home/7 key on the number pad.

Selecting more than 1 line of text;  Hold the Shift key down while arrowing up or down until you have selected/highlighted the lines you want.

Selecting all text;  Control + A.  This keystroke will select all the text in a document no matter the size or length of the document.

to select a page at a time: shift page up or down

 Jaws groups info:

Group 1:
 JFW List Group Email Addresses

Group 2:
Group Description

A group to discuss the JAWS for Windows screen reader.

Posting To This Group:
jfw-users@groups.io

To join this group, send an email to:
jfw-users+subscribe@groups.io

Take care and stay safe.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go Rams!

I trust you are all well and safe where you are.

I am trying to cope.

1. May I bother you?

With NVDA, one can mark a block of text which one needs to delete.

To do that, you press nvda+shftf9 to mark the beginning of the block
and nvda+shftf10 to mark the end of the  block.

How is that done with JAWS?

2. how does one join JAWS mailing list? I am asking this, because I
tried to join in but without success.

Your assistance in this regard is appreciated in advance.

Regards
Wally Marisane: SA

Marisane Moruthanyana

Thank you, sir.

On 11/14/20, Mike B <mb69mach1@...> wrote:
[...]

Post:
main@jfw.groups.io

Subscribe:
main+subscribe@jfw.groups.io

Unsubscribe:

Group 2:
Group Description

A group to discuss the JAWS for Windows screen reader.

Posting To This Group:
jfw-users@groups.io

To join this group, send an email to:
jfw-users+subscribe@groups.io

Take care and stay safe. Mike. Sent from my iBarstool. Go Rams!
Main's Law: For every action there is an equal and opposite government
program.

I trust you are all well and safe where you are.

I am trying to cope.

1. May I bother you?

With NVDA, one can mark a block of text which one needs to delete.

To do that, you press nvda+shftf9 to mark the beginning of the block
and nvda+shftf10 to mark the end of the block.

How is that done with JAWS?

2. how does one join JAWS mailing list? I am asking this, because I
tried to join in but without success.

Your assistance in this regard is appreciated in advance.

Regards
Wally Marisane: SA

Alan Robbins

What are the differences between the jaws groups?

Al

I trust you are all well and safe where you are.

I am trying to cope.

1. May I bother you?

With NVDA, one can mark a block of text which one needs to delete.

To do that, you press nvda+shftf9 to mark the beginning of the block
and nvda+shftf10 to mark the end of the  block.

How is that done with JAWS?

2. how does one join JAWS mailing list? I am asking this, because I
tried to join in but without success.

Your assistance in this regard is appreciated in advance.

Regards
Wally Marisane: SA

Mike B

The first one is a long standing group and the second replaced the now discontinued Jaws-Users group.  So, it would be best to join them both and see which benefits an individual most.  As you know different people will find and have different uses for the information they might find with either.

Take care and stay safe.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go Rams!

Sent: Saturday, November 14, 2020 4:51 PM