Topics

Samsung Magician software

Steven Hicks

Hi,

Has anyone tried this for accessibility?

~Thinking of upgrading the ssd in my laptop, would be nice if I can clone the existing drive.

It mentions a one touch cloning caddy on Amazon but I doubt if they are accessible.

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

Steven,

             I have not with regard to accessibility, but I have it on my partner's machine as I recently did an upgrade to a Samsung SSD on that machine.

             One thing that frustrated me, and caught me totally off guard, is that Samsung Magician will NOT clone the recovery partition (and I eventually found this in their documentation).  I tried several times, and failed, to clone the source drive before I determined this.  Why they even allow you to select that partition as part of the clone if it can't do it remains a mystery to me.

              But there's nothing particularly "magic" about Samsung Magician, either.  If you are already familiar with a disc cloning utility that you like, and that's new enough to have the ability to optimize a clone that's going from HDD to SSD, you can absolutely use that.

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.

       ~Albert Einstein

Steven Hicks

Thanks Brian, I was going to use the Magician as I have just bought a Samsung ssd drive and it comes free with those drives, was going to make use of it if I could.

Have done a manual re-build now anyway, doesn’t always hert to have a clean start, that is where I came across the version issue with Bluetooth, luckily I had an older build usb bootable drive.

That is kinda related to my media creation and ISO message.