Topics

realtech hd audio

Hi.

Just to let you all know a new version has been posted to free-codecs.com

Also note that the latest drivers are for 1803 windows and up, also note that these are 64 bit only there are older ones for 32 bit cpus but they are not maintained.

I suspect that the 32 bit stuff is declining especially since all cpus are 64 bit now.

Hope Williamson

Hi, I use an external USB audio adaptor, so not sure which driver it’s using. I know it doesn’t use it’s own driver, though.

Well it will use a default driver, all usb adaptors will.

Some have drivers but not all.

On 12/3/2018 2:54 PM, Hope Williamson via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi, I use an external USB audio adaptor, so not sure which driver it’s using. I know it doesn’t use it’s own driver, though.

Hope Williamson

I’m pretty sure this one doesn’t. When I tried to find it to install it back when I was having issues with 1803, it was nowhere to be found. Not only that but when I got it, it specifically said it doesn’t come with drivers.

Ron Kolesar

Many thanks for this.
Because of your message out to the list, I checked my audio driver and it needed updated as well.
To bad when we do a check for updates, it doesn’t also check the programs and or audio drivers to be updated as well.
Many thanks once again.

Sent: Monday, December 3, 2018 08:31
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] realtech hd audio

I’m pretty sure this one doesn’t. When I tried to find it to install it back when I was having issues with 1803, it was nowhere to be found. Not only that but when I got it, it specifically said it doesn’t come with drivers.

I'm reviving this topic because Realtek still has its audio device drivers, including those updated for Windows 10, available for download.
See:  https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/advanced-search/469?Itemid=276

This page, specifically, https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/pc-audio-codecs-high-definition-audio-codecs-software, almost certainly has the Windows driver you're looking for.  They're updated through 2017 and for Windows 10 as well as earlier Windows.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763  

You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.

~ Anne Lamott

Mike B.

Hi All,

Before you can download you will need to provide an email address that Realtek will send an email to that will have a download link inside but, you better have someone sighted to decipher the captcha!  My wife is sighted but, still couldn't tell what the captcha was so I couldn't download the driver.  They don't provide an audio catpcha neither.
Take care.  Go Rams!
Sent from my iBarstool.
I type out everything I want to remember. That way instead of spending a lot of time trying to remember what it was, I spend the time looking for where I saved it!

Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2018 1:38 PM

I'm reviving this topic because Realtek still has its audio device drivers, including those updated for Windows 10, available for download.
See:  https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/advanced-search/469?Itemid=276

This page, specifically, https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/pc-audio-codecs-high-definition-audio-codecs-software, almost certainly has the Windows driver you're looking for.  They're updated through 2017 and for Windows 10 as well as earlier Windows.
--

You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.

~ Anne Lamott

To be honest the easiest way for win10 users is to go and get the drivers from here.

For x64 users that link is right now.

http://www.free-codecs.com/download_soft.php?d=e3d20ab2a99f3ed5d44d17f1f2611d62&s=501&r=&f=realtek_hd_audio_codecs.htm

For 32 bit, this is the driver though its slightly older.

http://www.free-codecs.com/download_soft.php?d=fe4bb149055c41d041784a66e184ddf6&s=501&r=&f=realtek_hd_audio_codecs.htm

In all cases extract the files with 7zip or something to a folder, I rename the file to realtech or realteck.cab, then extract it to its own folder with right click with 7zip.

you can get sevenzip at http://sf.net/projects/files/sevenzip

Then click sevenzip, click the latest release currently 1805, then download the right msi file and run it, then in admin mode run the 7zip file manager go tools and options or preffs, and doodle round with the associations by hitting the unlabeled buttons till they say all users then ok.

Once your cabinet for each driver is extracted, go to device manager/sound/ your realtech card and hit that enter key control tab to driver hit update and then brouse, select the realtech or whatever folder, hit ok and it should usually find and select the right driver for you.

I am unsure why free-codecs posted an entire unofficial repo on github it simply may because realtech doesn't previde their standard hd audio detection pages which they used to.

Right now the  latest drivers for win7 are 2.82 and are on file hippo and that should be fine.

To be honest though its only the newer systems with these silly cards linked to their display and board chips that have this issue.

All cards before 2006 are unlocked, my old asus workstation from 2013 was unlocked.

The latest hp is linked <sigh>

Every few months or so ms seems to upgrade the drivers for win10, the latest is always 64 bit but as its not a big issue its not like it matters that much.

On 12/6/2018 1:56 PM, Mike B. wrote:
Hi All,

Before you can download you will need to provide an email address that
Realtek will send an email to that will have a download link inside but, you
better have someone sighted to decipher the captcha! My wife is sighted
but, still couldn't tell what the captcha was so I couldn't download the
driver. They don't provide an audio catpcha neither.
Take care. Go Rams!
Sent from my iBarstool.
I type out everything I want to remember. That way instead of spending a lot
of time trying to remember what it was, I spend the time looking for where I
saved it!
----- Original Message -----

I'm reviving this topic because Realtek still has its audio device drivers,
including those updated for Windows 10, available for download.
See:
https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/advanced-search/469?Itemid=276

This page, specifically,
https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/pc-audio-codecs-high-definition-audio-codecs-software,
almost certainly has the Windows driver you're looking for. They're updated
through 2017 and for Windows 10 as well as earlier Windows.

Isaac

I download from realtek with out email address all the time.

To: <win10@win10.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, December 5, 2018 8:05 PM

To be honest the easiest way for win10 users is to go and get the drivers from here.

For x64 users that link is right now.

http://www.free-codecs.com/download_soft.php?d=e3d20ab2a99f3ed5d44d17f1f2611d62&s=501&r=&f=realtek_hd_audio_codecs.htm

For 32 bit, this is the driver though its slightly older.

http://www.free-codecs.com/download_soft.php?d=fe4bb149055c41d041784a66e184ddf6&s=501&r=&f=realtek_hd_audio_codecs.htm

In all cases extract the files with 7zip or something to a folder, I rename the file to realtech or realteck.cab, then extract it to its own folder with right click with 7zip.

you can get sevenzip at http://sf.net/projects/files/sevenzip

Then click sevenzip, click the latest release currently 1805, then download the right msi file and run it, then in admin mode run the 7zip file manager go tools and options or preffs, and doodle round with the associations by hitting the unlabeled buttons till they say all users then ok.

Once your cabinet for each driver is extracted, go to device manager/sound/ your realtech card and hit that enter key control tab to driver hit update and then brouse, select the realtech or whatever folder, hit ok and it should usually find and select the right driver for you.

I am unsure why free-codecs posted an entire unofficial repo on github it simply may because realtech doesn't previde their standard hd audio detection pages which they used to.

Right now the latest drivers for win7 are 2.82 and are on file hippo and that should be fine.

To be honest though its only the newer systems with these silly cards linked to their display and board chips that have this issue.

All cards before 2006 are unlocked, my old asus workstation from 2013 was unlocked.

The latest hp is linked <sigh>

Every few months or so ms seems to upgrade the drivers for win10, the latest is always 64 bit but as its not a big issue its not like it matters that much.

On 12/6/2018 1:56 PM, Mike B. wrote:
Hi All,

Before you can download you will need to provide an email address that
Realtek will send an email to that will have a download link inside but, you
better have someone sighted to decipher the captcha! My wife is sighted
but, still couldn't tell what the captcha was so I couldn't download the
driver. They don't provide an audio catpcha neither.
Take care. Go Rams!
Sent from my iBarstool.
I type out everything I want to remember. That way instead of spending a lot
of time trying to remember what it was, I spend the time looking for where I
saved it!

I'm reviving this topic because Realtek still has its audio device drivers,
including those updated for Windows 10, available for download.
See:
https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/advanced-search/469?Itemid=276

This page, specifically,
https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/pc-audio-codecs-high-definition-audio-codecs-software,
almost certainly has the Windows driver you're looking for. They're updated
through 2017 and for Windows 10 as well as earlier Windows.

On Wed, Dec 5, 2018 at 09:12 PM, Isaac wrote:
Then please offer the specific Realtek page from which you accomplish this.

--

~ Anne Lamott

Just in case anyone wants this driver for 64-bit Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 - and without dealing with a captcha - it's now on my Google Drive:

Realtek HD Audio Codecs, 64-bit for Windows Vista through 10, R2.82
--

~ Anne Lamott

Mike B.

Howdy Brian,

Thank you very much for getting the list access to this Realtek driver.  My wife & I usually work pretty well together when trying to solve these captcha thingies but, she said anything that looked like it might be a captcha looked more like scribbling.  Well anyways, here's a tip for installing the Realtek driver updates.  I've had to do this on both Windows 7 & 10 operating systems but, this is from Realtek drivers I got from Dell, and not from Brian so I can't tell you if the installation will be any different.  I can say that installing Realtek drivers did work the same on 3 different manufacturer's of our computers regardless of being Windows 7 or 10.

If you press enter on the, .EXE file, and choose to run the installer you will more than likely get an error message of some sort saying there was an installation problem.  At least, this is what I got trying by pressing enter on the, .EXE file I had previously downloaded from Dell.  The trick is to unzip / uncompress the .EXE file just as you would with a, .Zip file, then from the unzipped files press enter on the, Setup.exe, file.  This will install all the files where they need to go.

Take care.  Go Rams!
Sent from my iBarstool.
I type out everything I want to remember. That way instead of spending a lot of time trying to remember what it was, I spend the time looking for where I saved it!

Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2018 8:30 PM

Just in case anyone wants this driver for 64-bit Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 - and without dealing with a captcha - it's now on my Google Drive:

--

~ Anne Lamott

Isaac

The realtek websight at realtek.com but you will probablly need sighted assistance for this sight, but I just click different links until I find the drivers.

Sent: Wednesday, December 5, 2018 8:51 PM

On Wed, Dec 5, 2018 at 09:12 PM, Isaac wrote:
Then please offer the specific Realtek page from which you accomplish this.

--

~ Anne Lamott

what will this do?
will it mess up my already installed realtech drivers?
is this the latest one?

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2018 1:20 AM
To: Fred Adams
Subject: FW: [win10] realtech hd audio

Realtek HD Audio Codecs, 64-bit for Windows Vista through 10, R2.82 <https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1R2eQJ8Xm1dliA2Ee8VN9XHDMtqTHoXUc>
--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763

Loy

I came in on this thread late, Is this a different driver than Microsoft installs? I have a problem with the volume going up and down with Fusion shortly after starting.

Sent: Thursday, December 6, 2018 12:49 AM

Howdy Brian,

Thank you very much for getting the list access to this Realtek driver.  My wife & I usually work pretty well together when trying to solve these captcha thingies but, she said anything that looked like it might be a captcha looked more like scribbling.  Well anyways, here's a tip for installing the Realtek driver updates.  I've had to do this on both Windows 7 & 10 operating systems but, this is from Realtek drivers I got from Dell, and not from Brian so I can't tell you if the installation will be any different.  I can say that installing Realtek drivers did work the same on 3 different manufacturer's of our computers regardless of being Windows 7 or 10.

If you press enter on the, .EXE file, and choose to run the installer you will more than likely get an error message of some sort saying there was an installation problem.  At least, this is what I got trying by pressing enter on the, .EXE file I had previously downloaded from Dell.  The trick is to unzip / uncompress the .EXE file just as you would with a, .Zip file, then from the unzipped files press enter on the, Setup.exe, file.  This will install all the files where they need to go.

Take care.  Go Rams!
Sent from my iBarstool.

--

~ Anne Lamott

marcio

Hi,
Same here.
I found out that the problem is caused by the soundcard receiving no sound so it simply sleeps, making the explanation easier.
So the troubleshooting I found was setting a sound file without any audible sound to play continuously so my soundcard never sleeps since it will always have something to play, even if I can't hear that.
There's an app to do it for you, this is called "Silenzio". If you're interested let me know and I'll try to provide a link so you can download it.
Em 06/12/2018 12:38, Loy escreveu:

I came in on this thread late, Is this a different driver than Microsoft installs? I have a problem with the volume going up and down with Fusion shortly after starting.
Sent: Thursday, December 6, 2018 12:49 AM

Howdy Brian,

Take care.  Go Rams!
Sent from my iBarstool.

--

~ Anne Lamott

Mike,

You, and the list membership at large, are quite welcome.  After I'd located the page on Realtek where the driver could be downloaded from (or so I thought) I simply stopped.  I'm used to things being, "click the link, sometimes agree to an EULA pop-up dialog, download occurs" affairs.  Not so here.

Realtek is based out of Taiwan, and you can tell this as you go through the English translation website.  They are using a form of captcha that I had not seen before, though from my perspective as a sighted person it's no worse than any of the other variants.  Most captcha's don't require 100% accuracy in response and, in fact, early ones were attempts to "crowdsource" opinions as to what images of text from some very old documents, which weren't entirely clear, actually was.  It was a very clever way to get a huge variety of eyes on ambiguous text to see what the consensus was about what was there, including untold millions of completely untrained eyes.  The ones in use by Realtek have 3D black and white outline letters with huge, long strikethroughs across the text in the same format from multiple angles.  They are particularly quirky and odd.

I certainly have never had the number of steps that the Realtek download required.  You could have knocked me over with a feather after having solved the captcha to get a notice that I'd be getting an e-mail, and the e-mail stating that the enclosed download link was valid for 5 minutes.  You'd think these people were trying to protect the gold in Fort Knox!
--

~ Anne Lamott

On Thu, Dec 6, 2018 at 07:55 AM, Mike Capelle wrote:
what will this do?
will it mess up my already installed realtech drivers?
is this the latest one?
It is the latest one.

I have no idea what it will do, exactly.   If you're not having issues with your existing drivers then I would not recommend ever installing others.  When it comes to device drivers leaving well enough alone is good advice, always.

--

~ Anne Lamott

Roger Stewart

Sorry, but this appears to be an invalid link. Just says message not found.

Roger

On 12/6/2018 1:20 AM, Fred Adams wrote:

Realtek HD Audio Codecs, 64-bit for Windows Vista through 10, R2.82 <https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1R2eQJ8Xm1dliA2Ee8VN9XHDMtqTHoXUc>

Roger Stewart

Well, this link is working but the file is like a TARDIS--it's download size is much larger than the size indicated! Says it's only 2.1 MB but is still downloading and is well over 100 MB.  I did get a warning about a virus scan so maybe better not run this until we learn more about it.

Roger

On 12/5/2018 10:30 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:

--

~ Anne Lamott