Topics

putting this pc on the desktop?

Troy Burnham

Hi all,

How do I put this pc on the desktop?

Thanks.

Troy

Settings, Personalization, Themes Pane, Desktop Icon Settings link.

In the Desktop Icon Settings dialog, there is a set of checkboxes for the common system desktop icons you may want.  Checking the Computer checkbox will put "This PC" on the desktop.  Do not ask me why they have never, as yet, changed "Computer" to "This PC" as the This PC designation is even used just below these checkboxes in the area where the icons themselves are shown.  It's a holdover that has yet to be updated.

      ~ Jonathan Foster (attributed)

Troy Burnham

Hi Brian,

I found where you're talking about but neither hitting the spacebar or enter on the this pc icon adds it to the desktop.

Troy

On 2/22/2021 10:19 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
Settings, Personalization, Themes Pane, Desktop Icon Settings link.

In the Desktop Icon Settings dialog, there is a set of checkboxes for the common system desktop icons you may want.  Checking the Computer checkbox will put "This PC" on the desktop.  Do not ask me why they have never, as yet, changed "Computer" to "This PC" as the This PC designation is even used just below these checkboxes in the area where the icons themselves are shown.  It's a holdover that has yet to be updated.

      ~ Jonathan Foster (attributed)

Kevin

Go to settings win key + i

Tab to personalization