Topics

Problems with card reader.

Kevin Cussick

Hi all, Ok the problems have been going on for a while some months ago I put loads of stuff to my talking book player of choice. I put the SD card in the computer and put what I wanted on it. now I have tried more than 1 card I have connected my victor reader trek up as well using the usb lead and it does not show up as a drive like it used to. as I say tried with 2 cards in the card reader on the machine. the computer does see the card that I want to delete stuff and put more content on but it thinks the card is right protected. I tried to format it in desperation. but it is not right protected and can not write to it. or the other card. have micro soft done anything will get the version of windows. Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.8

I am a bit stumped with this one. I did see this problem a while ago but I had loads of stuff on it and thought if it was a windows update that has mucked this up buy the time I have got threw all the stuff I hoped micro soft might have fixed this. help.

Sarah k Alawami

My thinking is the card reader is starting to die. Do you have an external one you can use such as a transend one? I
love that one. Look for it on amazon.

On 1 Apr 2021, at 13:45, Kevin Cussick via groups.io wrote:

[...]

Hi, I did but it seems to be faulty. got one on order. but I do not think this will fix it but not expensive so worth the punt. it may be that I need to reinstall windows. I did back up with an image but the problem was there when I backed up daft really.

--
Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website. <http://www.tffppodcast.com>
Check out my adventures with a shadow machine. <http://tffppodcast.com/shadow>
[...]

Can you try a repair only? No need to reinstall. I think your apps will be kept.

Good luck.

Our discord <http://discord.tffppodcast.com> is where you will know when we go live on twitch. <http://twitch.tv/ke7zum> Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page <http://lbry.tv/@ke7zum> and my tffp lbry page <http://lbry.tv/@tffp> You will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

[...]

the cheep card reader from Amazon did fix things for anyone who might interested. thanks for all who tried to help.

On 01/04/2021 22:33, Kevin Cussick via groups.io wrote:
[...]

Hi, it is sort of fixed. talked to a mate he said he gets this problem on a windows10 machine and he needs to pull the plug from the device for about 30 seconds or so plug it in and it fixes it Until the next time! I did not try this used an external card reader and it worked so happy once again. thanks for all who tried to help.

<http://www.tffppodcast.com <http://www.tffppodcast.com>>
<http://tffppodcast.com/shadow <http://tffppodcast.com/shadow>>
follow and see what is up there.
For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main
lbry page <http://lbry.tv/@ke7zum <http://lbry.tv/@ke7zum>> and
my tffp lbry page <http://lbry.tv/@tffp <http://lbry.tv/@tffp>>
You will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.
<Http://patreon.com/tffppodcast <Http://patreon.com/tffppodcast>>