Topics

problems downloading applications

Madison Martin

Hi all,
I've been trying to download another web browser, but am encountering a major
issue. When attempting to download any browser I get a pop-up/message saying
that the set-up file has been blocked as this type of file could harm your
computer, and it comes and goes so fast that I can't do anything with this
pop-up. I've tried downloading Firefox, Google Chrome, Brave and Vivaldi all
with the same result. I already went into settings and turned off microsofft
smartscreen and all the other things within the app and browser control settings
and am still having the same issue. Any idea what could be going on and how I
can fix it? I'm running the latest versions of Edge, Windows 10 and Jaws. Really
hope someone can help me!!!!!!! Thanks
Madison

Marci Duty

Try to run the installer created for you by Ninite. Check the
check boxes for the programs you want to download and run or
save then run the created installer.
www.ninite.com
Really find this site to be tremendously helpful as I work with
many people on their computers.

Success,

Marci Duty
Email: marci.smiles@gmail.com
Phone: (214) 732-5788
Isaiah 30
15 For this is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah, the Holy One of
Israel, says:
"By returning to me and resting, you will be saved;
Your strength will be in keeping calm and showing trust."

I've been trying to download another web browser, but am
encountering a major issue. When attempting to download any
browser I get a pop-up/message saying that the set-up file has
been blocked as this type of file could harm your computer, and
it comes and goes so fast that I can't do anything with this
pop-up. I've tried downloading Firefox, Google Chrome, Brave and
Vivaldi all with the same result. I already went into settings
and turned off microsofft smartscreen and all the other things
within the app and browser control settings and am still having
the same issue. Any idea what could be going on and how I can
fix it? I'm running the latest versions of Edge, Windows 10 and
Jaws. Really hope someone can help me!!!!!!! Thanks Madison

Bill White

Hi, Madison. What Antivirus are you running besides Windows Defender which
comes with Windows? Could this be blocking your downloads?

Bill White

billwhite92701@att.net

[...]

Hi again, Madison. When you get the announcement that this type of file
could harm your computer,

1. Press CONTROL plus J for downloads.
2. Once the table of downloads opens, find the file you are trying to
download.
3. Press the Application key or SHIFT plus F10 on the file.
4. In the context menu, look for Download Unsafe File, and press ENTER. This
should allow the file to download.

Bill White

billwhite92701@att.net

I've been trying to download another web browser, but am encountering a
major
issue. When attempting to download any browser I get a pop-up/message saying
that the set-up file has been blocked as this type of file could harm your
computer, and it comes and goes so fast that I can't do anything with this
pop-up. I've tried downloading Firefox, Google Chrome, Brave and Vivaldi all
with the same result. I already went into settings and turned off microsofft
smartscreen and all the other things within the app and browser control
settings
and am still having the same issue. Any idea what could be going on and how
can fix it? I'm running the latest versions of Edge, Windows 10 and Jaws.
Really
hope someone can help me!!!!!!! Thanks
Madison

Sarah k Alawami

I also have this issue. Running MSE, or what ever it is called now. Had that issue downloading some stuff for my sim. Brave just blocked it. I had to try and ignore it through defender, and make sure my downloads folder was excluded, bad move Microsoft. This started happening after I believe an update in march.

On 7 Apr 2021, at 15:55, Bill White wrote:

[...]

Hi Bill,
I just tried this and the only 2 options I got were copy file and report unsafe
file, what do I do?

I've been trying to download another web browser, but am encountering a major
issue. When attempting to download any browser I get a pop-up/message saying
that the set-up file has been blocked as this type of file could harm your
computer, and it comes and goes so fast that I can't do anything with this
pop-up. I've tried downloading Firefox, Google Chrome, Brave and Vivaldi all
with the same result. I already went into settings and turned off microsofft
smartscreen and all the other things within the app and browser control settings
and am still having the same issue. Any idea what could be going on and how I
can fix it? I'm running the latest versions of Edge, Windows 10 and Jaws.
Really
hope someone can help me!!!!!!! Thanks
Madison

Bill White

Hi, Madison. From my experience, Norton Security is not very accessible. If
you can't navigate through Norton Security's settings and find out if it is
blocking downloads, you might want to use an app to have someone check your
screen in these settings, or have someone look at Norton's settings for you.
I use the standard Microsoft Windows Defender as my only antivirus, but
Sarah just wrote that she has had this problem for a month or so as well.
Maybe exclude your downloads folder to see if you can avoid the "harmful to
your computer" message.

Bill White

billwhite92701@att.net

[...]

There should also be a download unsafe file button.

Bill White

billwhite92701@att.net

[...]

There doesn't appear to be one, now what do I do?

[...]

How do I exclude my downloads folder?

I've been trying to download another web browser, but am encountering a major
issue. When attempting to download any browser I get a pop-up/message saying
that the set-up file has been blocked as this type of file could harm your
computer, and it comes and goes so fast that I can't do anything with this
pop-up. I've tried downloading Firefox, Google Chrome, Brave and Vivaldi all
with the same result. I already went into settings and turned off microsofft
smartscreen and all the other things within the app and browser control settings
and am still having the same issue. Any idea what could be going on and how I
can fix it? I'm running the latest versions of Edge, Windows 10 and Jaws.
Really
hope someone can help me!!!!!!! Thanks
Madison

Bill White

I don't know, Madison, because if you can't find a button to unblock the
download, you'll never receive the file.

Bill White

billwhite92701@att.net

[...]

Kevin

Madison are you using Google Chrome as your default browser?

Chrome has some security features

Here’s how to disable blocking unsafe downloads

1.

Open the Chrome menualt+f

2.

Go to Settings and select “Advanced”.

Arrow up the chrome menu until jaws says settings

3.

Go to the “Privacy & Security” section and turn off the switch next to Safe Browsing.

Chrome Blocked

list end

Now you know how to successfully download anything you want with Chrome. But keep in mind that the download was blocked in the first place for two potential

reasons. One: that you tried downloading malware or that you tried downloading a deceptive piece of software. At least according to Google. And second:

that you’re trying to download something from a website known for distributing malware.

email is golden!!!

Kevin Lee

From: win10@win10.groups.io <mailto:win10@win10.groups.io>
[...]

So basically I'm screwed and won't be able to download what I want too...

[...]

That's where I went too as well.

I go direct to there web page and get no problems. You get them when you download from bundle site.

On 4/7/2021 8:09 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
I also have this issue. Running MSE, or what ever it is called now.
Had that issue downloading some stuff for my sim. Brave just blocked
it. I had to try and ignore it through defender, and make sure my
downloads folder was excluded, bad move Microsoft. This started
happening after I believe an update in march.

<http://www.tffppodcast.com>

<http://tffppodcast.com/shadow>

Our discord <http://discord.tffppodcast.com> is where you will know
when we go live on twitch. <http://twitch.tv/ke7zum> Feel free to give
the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry
page <http://lbry.tv/@ke7zum> and my tffp lbry page
<http://lbry.tv/@tffp> You will also be able to buy some of my
products and eBooks there.

[...]

No, I’m using Microsoft Edge