Topics

problem with professional laptop for work and immediate loss of speech for my screenreaders

Davy Cuppens

Hi folks

I have a HP laptop for work on which I have installed jaws2019 pro because I need that version for scripts for Cisco Telephone software. I have also installed nvda en used narrator.

What happens, if I am working all seems to be right but if I leave the laptop idle even for 10 seconds or so I am losing all kind of speech and I have to reboot the screenreader whatever I use.

But, I have a Cisco telephone Headset for if I have to manage our telephone system from my town council. In that case, there is no problem at all. I have tried to switch audio output tot he realtek audio or the Microsoft windows audio but the internal speakers stop working if I only stop typing or navigating for 10 20 seconds. However when the audio path is set tot he headset, i twill keep on working even if I leave my work for a day.

Supposing I am running an mp3 file that is played on the internal speakers then the speech output stays on until that file has finished.

I have checked all energy and sound settings nothing is special or excluded or no strange settings are made.

Any ideas?

Davy

Bill White

Yes. Install Silenzio. This will make sure that the sound card does not power off when nothing is coming through the sound card for a short time. To download Silenzio, use the link below.

http://www.stefankiss.sk/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=112

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

[...]

g melconian

Is the laptop plugged in or on battery power. Maybe something in your power settings is triggering this behavior.  Thatis the only thing I can think of.

Davy Cuppens

Hi

It is plugged in.

Davy