Topics

PDF files

William Vandervest

How do I edit an aplication form thet is in pdf format?

Is there a way to do this in ms chromium edge browser?tjanks

William Vandervest

Timelord09@...

There are none so blind as those who will not se “anon”e

William,

            You need to more clearly define what you mean by edit in this context.

             Most browser-based PDF viewers are just that:  viewers.  They do not generally allow anything other than reading of the files.  If this is different in Chromium-based Edge it will definitely be news to me.

             If the PDF is created, and created correctly, as a fillable form virtually any PDF reader program will support the ability to fill in all the various edit fields, check boxes, etc.  If the form is also able to be saved once filled out the PDF reader should be able to do that, too, but not all fillable forms allow saving.

             If you're talking about editing the form itself, then it's no different than any PDF file - you'd need a PDF editor to do that or to open it in, say, a recent version of MS-Word or similar, which can convert from PDF.  But, if you don't use a dedicated PDF editor there is absolutely no guarantee that the original formatting on the PDF itself will be preserved 100% accurately.  In fact, it generally isn't if a PDF editor is not used.

Sarah k Alawami

I believe chrome is only for reading, you cannot edit a pdf there. You would need to use something like pdf pen, or adobe.

On 22 May 2020, at 8:55, William Vandervest wrote:

How do I edit an aplication form thet is in pdf format?

Is there a way to do this in ms chromium edge browser?tjanks

William Vandervest

Timelord09@...

There are none so blind as those who will not se “anon”e

William Vandervest

I am wanting to fill out forms thet I received in pdf format, don’t know how to tell if it is a fillable form.

Are there any good accessible pdf editers, preferably, free?

Thanks

I believe chrome is only for reading, you cannot edit a pdf there. You would need to use something like pdf pen, or adobe.

On 22 May 2020, at 8:55, William Vandervest wrote:

How do I edit an aplication form thet is in pdf format?

Is there a way to do this in ms chromium edge browser?tjanks

William Vandervest

Timelord09@...

There are none so blind as those who will not se “anon”e

Fawaz Abdul rahman

Adobe reader used to work fine at least in some files,

However, now a days I can do nothing in adobe reader, when I open any file in adobe reader, nvda just goes crazy, saying no children etc and just using arrows.

The funny part is that it stays like that until I restart nvda and close the pdf file.

If adobe reader works for you, u can switch between brows modes with nvda+space and use browsing hotkeys such as ‘e’ for edit boxes.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I am wanting to fill out forms thet I received in pdf format, don’t know how to tell if it is a fillable form.

Are there any good accessible pdf editers, preferably, free?

Thanks

I believe chrome is only for reading, you cannot edit a pdf there. You would need to use something like pdf pen, or adobe.

On 22 May 2020, at 8:55, William Vandervest wrote:

How do I edit an aplication form thet is in pdf format?

Is there a way to do this in ms chromium edge browser?tjanks

William Vandervest

Timelord09@...

There are none so blind as those who will not se “anon”e

heather albright

Do you have k1000? it will read pdf files. I usually use my phone with seeing AI and invision or dream reader! Also if you have jaws it also has OCR features that work too! cheers Heather