Topics

ok, now an interesting issue with win 10.

Hello all.

So, yesterday, I upgraded my machine to win 10 pro.

I am running a Lenovo idea centre 5, imb1405.

I upgraded to win 2004, and had more issues than you can shake a stick at.

It installed fine, but I had so many drivers that needed updating, so I did that from windows update, but then when I ran Lenovo vantage, it found more drivers, so I updated then, but stil had issues.

So I went to Lenovo, downloaded the recovery usb media to reformat, and go back to factory restore.  all went well, however, this machine does not use nvidia, but I had the nvidia control panel installed.

So, I uninstalled it, I also saw something called intel octain memory management, what is that?

I don’t think my Lenovo has that feature.

So, my question is, since I have this all linked to my ms account, will my windows key for home, which came with this Lenovo still work?  Or will I be automatically upgraded to pro?

I am hoping not, as I want to use what came with the computer.

mitchell lee

I think it should, did you wipe it down to nothing, and then we do the iOS,

Mitch

On Oct 15, 2020, at 6:33 AM, Mike Capelle <mcap@...> wrote:

Hello all.

So, yesterday, I upgraded my machine to win 10 pro.

I am running a Lenovo idea centre 5, imb1405.

I upgraded to win 2004, and had more issues than you can shake a stick at.

It installed fine, but I had so many drivers that needed updating, so I did that from windows update, but then when I ran Lenovo vantage, it found more drivers, so I updated then, but stil had issues.

So I went to Lenovo, downloaded the recovery usb media to reformat, and go back to factory restore.  all went well, however, this machine does not use nvidia, but I had the nvidia control panel installed.

So, I uninstalled it, I also saw something called intel octain memory management, what is that?

I don’t think my Lenovo has that feature.

So, my question is, since I have this all linked to my ms account, will my windows key for home, which came with this Lenovo still work?  Or will I be automatically upgraded to pro?

I am hoping not, as I want to use what came with the computer.