From: Joseph Lee
Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2020 9:49 AM
Subject: [win10] NVDA 2020.2 released #NVDASR

For NVDA users:

NVDA 2020.2 is now available:

https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2020-2/

The biggest highlight for us is support for Windows Terminal.

There is no fix for it as NVDA includes screen curtain now.

This version will disable your screen curtain add on, at least for me that was the only one! Hope they fix this! Cheers Heather

The biggest highlight for us is support for Windows Terminal.

Quentin Christensen

Hi Heather,

As Joseph noted, screen curtain is now included in NVDA itself, so you no longer need the add-on (it was introduced in NVDA 2019.3, along with focus highlight).  There is a new page in the settings screen called "Vision" which includes both options.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Jul 29, 2020 at 1:02 AM Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...> wrote:

Hi,

There is no fix for it as NVDA includes screen curtain now.

This version will disable your screen curtain add on, at least for me that was the only one! Hope they fix this! Cheers Heather

The biggest highlight for us is support for Windows Terminal.

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Mickey Quenzer

Hello
I have a friend who is using NVDA and says that when he updated to the latest version of windows it changed his whole screen. Now he’s not sure how to get it back to where it was. He even called Microsoft and had them do a restore for Pat for before the update.
Anybody have any ideas how he can get his system back to where it was?
Here is the message I sent to Face Book.
Hello, after a recent microsoft update , the Edge verison of window's I'm running changed my homepage and moved things around. It also rearranged the other site's layout from what I'm use's too. such as Google's icon's on the top right which are used tochange settings and so it was arranged in a different manner which I'm not use too. And NVDA is having trouble reading the control's. As you stated the NVDA's registration reset worked ot some issues.
A side note , NVDA doesn't work with Zoom once you've go pass the first page.

He is a partially sighted user and uses both speech and mouse movementsThanks!

******* Mickey Quenzer *******a

Hello, after a recent microsoft update , the Edge verison of window's I'm running changed my homepage and moved things around. It also rearranged the other site's layout from what I'm use's too. such as Google's icon's on the top right which are used tochange settings and so it was arranged in a different manner which I'm not use too. And NVDA is having trouble reading the control's. As you stated the NVDA's registration reset worked ot some issues.

A side note , NVDA doesn't work with Zoom once you've go pass the first page.

My friend is a large print user.