Topics

NVDA 2019.3 released #nvdasr

Hi all,

A bit late: NVDA 2019.3/2019.3.1 is now available:

https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2019-3-released/

Note that this is a huge release. If you are using Microsoft Edge 79 or later, please use this version.

Kevin

The internet keys do not work at least with my computer those internet key strokes are insert+F4 insert+F6 and insert+F7

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

A bit late: NVDA 2019.3/2019.3.1 is now available:

https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2019-3-released/

Note that this is a huge release. If you are using Microsoft Edge 79 or later, please use this version.

Quentin Christensen

Hi Kevin,

NVDA+F7 should bring up the elements list, provided NVDA is in browse mode (it won't while typing text into a form, for instance) - and it does that for me on both Chrome and Firefox.

NVDA+F4 and NVDA+F6 aren't standard NVDA commands - are you thinking of Jaws which I think brings up different parts of it's elements list with those commands?  Or had you remapped other commands to those keys?

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 2:49 AM Kevin <kleeva5@...> wrote:

The internet keys do not work at least with my computer those internet key strokes are insert+F4 insert+F6 and insert+F7

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

A bit late: NVDA 2019.3/2019.3.1 is now available:

https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2019-3-released/

Note that this is a huge release. If you are using Microsoft Edge 79 or later, please use this version.

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Kevin

I believe FFF5 is suppose to bring up forms field, and F6 headings as well as F7 for links the insert key is my NVDA modifier key.  It worked in previous versions

Also the announcement of copy, paste and cut does not announce after the update because my clip speak add on isn’t compatible any more

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

A bit late: NVDA 2019.3/2019.3.1 is now available:

https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2019-3-released/

Note that this is a huge release. If you are using Microsoft Edge 79 or later, please use this version.

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Kevin

Just tried F7 again and it works again.  My computer updated last night, that could’ve be the problem!

But clip speak still doesn’t work.  Is there another add on which does similar!

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

A bit late: NVDA 2019.3/2019.3.1 is now available:

https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2019-3-released/

Note that this is a huge release. If you are using Microsoft Edge 79 or later, please use this version.

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Hi,

There is an updated version of that add-on.

A bit late: NVDA 2019.3/2019.3.1 is now available:

https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2019-3-released/

Note that this is a huge release. If you are using Microsoft Edge 79 or later, please use this version.

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Hi,

Nope – those function keys are JAWS commands, not NVDA.

A bit late: NVDA 2019.3/2019.3.1 is now available:

https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2019-3-released/

Note that this is a huge release. If you are using Microsoft Edge 79 or later, please use this version.

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Kevin

But they work in my browsers using NVDA!🤷

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

Nope – those function keys are JAWS commands, not NVDA.

A bit late: NVDA 2019.3/2019.3.1 is now available:

https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2019-3-released/

Note that this is a huge release. If you are using Microsoft Edge 79 or later, please use this version.

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Quentin Christensen

What add-ons are you using?  Maybe there is an add-on which provides that functionality?  If it is one which hasn't been updated for NVDA 2019.3 (or which you need to download the update manually) that would explain why it's not working for you now if it used to.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

chris judge

Shrug indeed. I just tried them as well, and insert f5 and insert f6 did nothing.

But they work in my browsers using NVDA!🤷

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

Nope – those function keys are JAWS commands, not NVDA.

A bit late: NVDA 2019.3/2019.3.1 is now available:

https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2019-3-released/

Note that this is a huge release. If you are using Microsoft Edge 79 or later, please use this version.

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Jacob Kruger

Insert + F5 refreshes the virtual version of the page's contents, and, insert + F6 does nothing as far as I am aware.

For confirmation, try turning on input help mode, while in the body of a web page - NVDA key + number row 1, and, then hit those keystrokes, and, it will tell you what they are meant to be performing?

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA