From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Madison
Martin
Sent: Wednesday, June 9, 2021 5:33 PM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: [win10] Narrator volume question

Hi all,
My dad asked me to help him with something on my parents' computer so I
turned on Narrator, but for some reason the volume was very loud. Can
someone please tell me how to lower the volume of Narrator? Thanks Madison

Mike B

Try pressing, Windows key, Control + N, to access Narrator settings, and tab to find the volume plus many more Narrator settings.

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.

Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 2021 3:12 PM
Subject: Re: [win10] Narrator volume question

Hi Madison To lower the volume in narrator tab to the voice section in
narrator, and you should hear a volume slider with the percentage,use the
down arrow key to pick the percentage you would want the volume at.
Kind regards,
Kenny Peyatt jr.

My dad asked me to help him with something on my parents' computer so I
turned on Narrator, but for some reason the volume was very loud. Can
someone please tell me how to lower the volume of Narrator? Thanks Madison

Bill White

Hi, Kenny. CONTROL plus NARRATOR KEY plus the plus key increases volume.
CONTROL plus NARRATOR KEY plus the MINUS key lowers volume.

Bill White

billwhite92701@att.net

My dad asked me to help him with something on my parents' computer so I
turned on Narrator, but for some reason the volume was very loud. Can
someone please tell me how to lower the volume of Narrator? Thanks Madison

Madison Martin

Which key is the Narrator key?

My dad asked me to help him with something on my parents' computer so I turned
on Narrator, but for some reason the volume was very loud. Can someone please
tell me how to lower the volume of Narrator? Thanks Madison

Kenny Peyattt jr.

The narrator key is the caps lock key or the zero key on the number pad if
the keyboard has a number pad on the side of the keyboard.
Kind regards,
Kenny Peyatt jr.

My dad asked me to help him with something on my parents' computer so I
turned on Narrator, but for some reason the volume was very loud. Can
someone please tell me how to lower the volume of Narrator? Thanks Madison

Bill White

Usually the NARRATOR KEY is the CAPSLOCK KEY, just above the left shift key.

Bill White

billwhite92701@att.net

My dad asked me to help him with something on my parents' computer so I
turned
on Narrator, but for some reason the volume was very loud. Can someone
please
tell me how to lower the volume of Narrator? Thanks Madison

Or it can be either if you set it up this way. I like setting it so the Jaws Key (Insert/0 on the Numpad) is also the Narrator key.

The narrator key is the caps lock key or the zero key on the number pad if the keyboard has a number pad on the side of the keyboard.
Kind regards,
Kenny Peyatt jr.

Hi Madison To lower the volume in narrator tab to the voice section in narrator, and you should hear a volume slider with the percentage,use the down arrow key to pick the percentage you would want the volume at.
Kind regards,
Kenny Peyatt jr.

My dad asked me to help him with something on my parents' computer so I turned on Narrator, but for some reason the volume was very loud. Can someone please tell me how to lower the volume of Narrator? Thanks Madison

Sarah k Alawami

Isn’t there a key stroke to do that? I forget now. I know that narrator plus equals and dash  are for the speed. But I thought there was a key for volume as well. Maybe I’m confused. I use a lot of screen reading software’s.

Try pressing, Windows key, Control + N, to access Narrator settings, and tab to find the volume plus many more Narrator settings.

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.

My dad asked me to help him with something on my parents' computer so I
turned on Narrator, but for some reason the volume was very loud. Can
someone please tell me how to lower the volume of Narrator? Thanks Madison

Bill White

Hi, Sarah. CONTROL plus NARRATOR KEY plus the plus key increases volume.

CONTROL plus NARRATOR KEY plus the MINUS key lowers volume.

The Narrator is either the CAPSLOCK Key or the ZERO or INSERT key, depending upon how you have Narrator set up.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...