Topics

narator on startup

 

Hi.

Have that issue to on a system, though I was able to turn it off in settings from starting up at logon from the ease of access centre it pops up on uac screens all the time.

Thats not a problem mostly but I'd like  to have it not do this if at all possible.

Shou-Ching Schilling
 

Can you tell me more about your scenario? 
Was Narrator running before you bring up the UAC prompt?
What are your Narrator settings (enabled or disable) for "Start Narrator after sign-in" and "Start Narrator before sign-in for everyone"?

--
Thanks,
Shou-Ching Schilling
Windows Accessibility Community Champ

 

For myself, as far as it cares all checkboxes were unchecked for narator startup in fact if I start narator at a uac prompt its doubly running.

Yet narator or part of it will read a uac prompt, I have noticed this on a system that got freshly installed with 1809 it did not effect 1803 and not the systems I have upgraded to 1809 the system in question is an hp ay 527tu and reasonably new.

I can't find any settings to toggle because as far as windows cares its not set to run narator at startup.

After I do the action with the uac box narator or whatever it is will close down again but who knows.

On 11/30/2018 9:48 PM, Shou-Ching Schilling via Groups.Io wrote:
Can you tell me more about your scenario?
Was Narrator running before you bring up the UAC prompt?
What are your Narrator settings (enabled or disable) for "Start Narrator after sign-in" and "Start Narrator before sign-in for everyone"?

--
Thanks,
Shou-Ching Schilling
Windows Accessibility Community Champ


Roger Stewart
 

Are you sure Narrator is really running on the UAC screen? NVDA now uses the One Core voices as default and at the UAC screen and they are the same voices as Narrator uses so it will sound like Narrator takes over on the UAC screen but switch back to your usual synth after you exit UAC.

Roger

On 11/30/2018 11:26 AM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
For myself, as far as it cares all checkboxes were unchecked for narator startup in fact if I start narator at a uac prompt its doubly running.

Yet narator or part of it will read a uac prompt, I have noticed this on a system that got freshly installed with 1809 it did not effect 1803 and not the systems I have upgraded to 1809 the system in question is an hp ay 527tu and reasonably new.

I can't find any settings to toggle because as far as windows cares its not set to run narator at startup.

After I do the action with the uac box narator or whatever it is will close down again but who knows.



On 11/30/2018 9:48 PM, Shou-Ching Schilling via Groups.Io wrote:
Can you tell me more about your scenario?
Was Narrator running before you bring up the UAC prompt?
What are your Narrator settings (enabled or disable) for "Start Narrator after sign-in" and "Start Narrator before sign-in for everyone"?

--
Thanks,
Shou-Ching Schilling
Windows Accessibility Community Champ




Desert Moon
 

Hello Shaun and Else,

Press Ctrl + Windows + N to bring up the Narratr Settings. Make sure the box "Start Narrator before sign-in for everyone" is unchecked.

--
Desert

 

Looked at it nothing is checked, tried to check and uncheck things, didn't help tried to sync the settings in case but no.

At any uac prompt speech comes, narator though aparently is not on because if I start it I get double speech so who knows.

On 12/1/2018 7:52 AM, Desert Moon wrote:
Hello Shaun and Else,

Press Ctrl + Windows + N to bring up the Narratr Settings. Make sure the box "Start Narrator before sign-in for everyone" is unchecked.

--
Desert


 

Hmmm it is, only runs 1core in uac screen when nvda is running.

Thing is I told it not to do that so I don't know why that is.

Even so, its not as bad as I thought it was, interesting though.

On 12/1/2018 7:02 AM, Roger Stewart wrote:
Are you sure Narrator is really running on the UAC screen? NVDA now uses the One Core voices as default and at the UAC screen and they are the same voices as Narrator uses so it will sound like Narrator takes over on the UAC screen but switch back to your usual synth after you exit UAC.

Roger








On 11/30/2018 11:26 AM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
For myself, as far as it cares all checkboxes were unchecked for narator startup in fact if I start narator at a uac prompt its doubly running.

Yet narator or part of it will read a uac prompt, I have noticed this on a system that got freshly installed with 1809 it did not effect 1803 and not the systems I have upgraded to 1809 the system in question is an hp ay 527tu and reasonably new.

I can't find any settings to toggle because as far as windows cares its not set to run narator at startup.

After I do the action with the uac box narator or whatever it is will close down again but who knows.



On 11/30/2018 9:48 PM, Shou-Ching Schilling via Groups.Io wrote:
Can you tell me more about your scenario?
Was Narrator running before you bring up the UAC prompt?
What are your Narrator settings (enabled or disable) for "Start Narrator after sign-in" and "Start Narrator before sign-in for everyone"?

--
Thanks,
Shou-Ching Schilling
Windows Accessibility Community Champ







Shou-Ching Schilling
 

Thanks for checking, so looks like it was NVDA speaking during UAC in this particular scenario.
--
Thanks,
Shou-Ching Schilling
Windows Accessibility Community Champ