Topics

MS Word 2016 Search behavior

Sharon

When in Word, when I activate search and find the term I’m looking for, and press escape, I go back to the beginning of my document.

What am I doing wrong that I don’t get to the first search result?

Probably something really elementary but. . . senior moment I guess.

Sharon

How are you invoking search?

Life is the art of drawing sufficient conclusions from insufficient premises.

         ~ Samuel Butler, 1835-1902

Sharon

Problem solved.

Because I’m using Leasey, I need to use the Leasey search keystrokes as the regular ones for some reason do not work.

So Leasey key followed by Control-f begins the search, and Leasey followed by control-n continues the search, and I do not have to use escape.

Word works as usual using Jaws 2018 where I do not have Leasey installed

Sharon

Life is the art of drawing sufficient conclusions from insufficient premises.

         ~ Samuel Butler, 1835-1902

On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 12:51 PM, Sharon wrote:
I’m using Leasey
-
Thanks for the follow-up.  Someone's going to hit this again later, and now an explanation is in the archive!

Life is the art of drawing sufficient conclusions from insufficient premises.

         ~ Samuel Butler, 1835-1902

Sherry Wells

I have the same problem.  I do not use Leasey.  I just use cntl F.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it just freezes.  It is even worse with Excel where it freezes more often & I sometimes can’t close the search box.

Sherry Wells

Life is the art of drawing sufficient conclusions from insufficient premises.

         ~ Samuel Butler, 1835-1902

Ann Byrne

Sometimes f6 works better than ctrl+f. That is the function key f6, not two characters f and 6.