Topics

missing the logon sound like in Windows 7

brandon T <brandongold98@...>

Hello,

I don't know if any of you would want this, but as you may know, when
you log on to windows 10 (not turn on your pc), it no longer plays a
logon sound, nor does it let you set one up.

I have a program that if it's in your startup folder, can fix this.

If you would like it, please let me know. Having this logon sound can
be a good indicator of when you are fully signed on.

Thanks,

Brandon

--
It is simply sitting silently, witnessing the thoughts, passing before
you. Just witnessing, not interfering not even judging, because the

Scott VanDeWalle

You can also go to sound in control pannel.
Then shift tab to the sound tab and tab until you get to the checkbox to play start up sound.
Then you will have your win 7 startup sound back.
hth

Scott

On 10/20/2015 4:45 PM, brandon T wrote:
Hello,

I don't know if any of you would want this, but as you may know, when
you log on to windows 10 (not turn on your pc), it no longer plays a
logon sound, nor does it let you set one up.

I have a program that if it's in your startup folder, can fix this.

If you would like it, please let me know. Having this logon sound can
be a good indicator of when you are fully signed on.

Thanks,

Brandon

brandon T <brandongold98@...>

Hello,

That is not the same thing as what this does.
The option you are describing is when you turn on your pc or restart it.

This is, for example, what I have, is for if you just log off of the
user without fully powering down, how Windows 7 played a sound when
you logged back on. It is different from the startup sound.

If any of you want this please let me know.

Thanks,

Brandon

On 10/20/15, Scott VanDeWalle <chatterbox052782@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

Yes, I'd like it, if I could follow instructions and make it work. Thank you.

4carolyna@windstream.net

Bye for now,

Carolyn

I don't know if any of you would want this, but as you may know, when you log on to windows 10 (not turn on your pc), it no longer plays a logon sound, nor does it let you set one up.

I have a program that if it's in your startup folder, can fix this.

If you would like it, please let me know. Having this logon sound can be a good indicator of when you are fully signed on.

Thanks,

Brandon

--
It is simply sitting silently, witnessing the thoughts, passing before you. Just witnessing, not interfering not even judging, because the moment you judge you have lost the pure witness. The moment you say "this is good, this is bad," you have already jumped onto the thought process.
-- Osho

Hi Carolyn, Brandon and others,
I'm sorry to say that log on/off sounds may not come back (we could ask Microsoft to let log on/off sounds play).

I don't know if any of you would want this, but as you may know, when you log on to windows 10 (not turn on your pc), it no longer plays a logon sound, nor does it let you set one up.

I have a program that if it's in your startup folder, can fix this.

If you would like it, please let me know. Having this logon sound can be a good indicator of when you are fully signed on.

Thanks,

Brandon

--
It is simply sitting silently, witnessing the thoughts, passing before you. Just witnessing, not interfering not even judging, because the moment you judge you have lost the pure witness. The moment you say "this is good, this is bad," you have already jumped onto the thought process.
-- Osho

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

Yes. I went to the Control Panel and did not find where I could check that sound.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

[...]

To use this you have to put it in the Windows startup folder. All this
does is plays a simple wav file.

Download:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7820627/welcome%20to%20windows.exe

Note that you may need to show hidden files and folders to be able to
put this in the startup group, as it's not accessible from the start
menu:

1. Save the file to somewhere on your computer.

2. Copy it to the clipboard.

3. Paste it in
c:\ProgramData\microsoft\windows\start menu\programs\startup.

When you next restart your computer and sign in, you will hear this
sound when you logon.

Thanks,

Brandon

On 10/20/15, Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@windstream.net> wrote:
[...]

Brian <n8mnx@...>

There is also no log off sound either. One night I thought that my pc was off but it was not there is no log off sound.
Brian Sackrider

On 10/20/2015 5:51 PM, Carolyn Arnold wrote:
[...]

Were you able to get the logon sound to play with the instructions and
download link I gave you?

As for log off sound, I unfortunately don't have a workaround for that
right now. One thing I do is make sure that all windows are closed
before signing off.

Thanks,

Brandon