From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Don H
Sent: Sunday, May 2, 2021 11:55 AM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: [win10] microsoft news in system tray

Running latest version of Win 10. For some reason I now have a Microsoft news that pops up when ever the system tray has focus. I did not place this in my system tray, on purpose, but how do you get rid of it. I see no ap called microsoft news on my computeer

Benz

Hi,

If you hit the context menu key on the news and interests feed do you get a hide option?
There is an option in group policy to disable the feed and also a registry edit available that will do the same.

Benz

On May 2, 2021 11:54 AM, Don H wrote:
Running latest version of Win 10.  For some reason I now have a Microsoft news that pops up when ever the system tray has focus.  I did not place this in my system tray, on purpose, but how do you get rid of it.  I see no ap called microsoft news on my computeer

Hi,
Yes.