Topics

Microsoft Edge

Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES)

Is anyone aware of any Edge settings that would block an on line radio station?

Sorry but I am not that familiar with the new browser.

Basically there is an on line radio station that I listen to all the time and the url won’t open and play in the new Edge but if I install Chrome, it plays first time.

Steven Hicks

Servicedesk 2 Team Leader

Tel:  01209 318620.

Mobile:  07393 792548.

EMail:  Steven.Hicks@...

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Steven. Under More Settings>Settings>Cookies and Site Data>Media Autoplay, make sure Media Audioplay is set to Allow for that site.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Is anyone aware of any Edge settings that would block an on line radio station?

Sorry but I am not that familiar with the new browser.

Basically there is an on line radio station that I listen to all the time and the url won’t open and play in the new Edge but if I install Chrome, it plays first time.

Steven Hicks

Servicedesk 2 Team Leader

Tel:  01209 318620.

Mobile:  07393 792548.

EMail:  Steven.Hicks@...

Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES)

Thanks so much, I will give that a try.

Steven Hicks

Servicedesk 2 Team Leader

Tel:  01209 318620.

Mobile:  07393 792548.

Hi, Steven. Under More Settings>Settings>Cookies and Site Data>Media Autoplay, make sure Media Audioplay is set to Allow for that site.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Is anyone aware of any Edge settings that would block an on line radio station?

Sorry but I am not that familiar with the new browser.

Basically there is an on line radio station that I listen to all the time and the url won’t open and play in the new Edge but if I install Chrome, it plays first time.

Steven Hicks

Servicedesk 2 Team Leader

Tel:  01209 318620.

Mobile:  07393 792548.

EMail:  Steven.Hicks@...

This message originated from outside of NHSmail. Please do not click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.

Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES)

Thanks Bill, I am real issues finding this to be honest and it is really frustrating.

Each time I try to play the station, it comes up with Autoplay blocked, press the play button and I can’t find a play button on the screen.

Sure it is something simple that I can find in the settings, I have used the search to look for media but it just doesn’t seem to fine anything.

Steven Hicks

Servicedesk 2 Team Leader

Tel:  01209 318620.

Mobile:  07393 792548.

On Wed, Jan 20, 2021 at 07:22 AM, Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES) wrote:
the url won’t open and play in the new Edge but if I install Chrome, it plays first time.

Can you share the URL?

      ~ Jonathan Foster (attributed)

Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES)

Thanks, the link is:

https://planetradio.co.uk/magic/player/

Steven Hicks

Servicedesk 2 Team Leader

Tel:  01209 318620.

Mobile:  07393 792548.

On Thu, Jan 21, 2021 at 10:23 AM, Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES) wrote:
https://planetradio.co.uk/magic/player/
-
Thanks.  It looks like help is going to have to come from others in the UK, as I get an error message saying that one can only stream from within the UK.

Are you, by any chance, using a VPN with Edge that you are not using with Chrome?  It's clear that if the radio station believes you're outside the UK it just comes up with that error message screen, as there's no stream to play.

      ~ Jonathan Foster (attributed)

Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES)

Thanks so much for looking Brian, I appreciate that.

I Am using a VPN on my main laptop but this is on the test one in the other room and it just says the auto play was blocked I think.

I Will have another play later tonight to see if there is another ssetting somewhere.

Steven Hicks

Servicedesk 2 Team Leader

Tel:  01209 318620.

Mobile:  07393 792548.

On Thu, Jan 21, 2021 at 10:23 AM, Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES) wrote:

https://planetradio.co.uk/magic/player/

-
Thanks.  It looks like help is going to have to come from others in the UK, as I get an error message saying that one can only stream from within the UK.

Are you, by any chance, using a VPN with Edge that you are not using with Chrome?  It's clear that if the radio station believes you're outside the UK it just comes up with that error message screen, as there's no stream to play.

      ~ Jonathan Foster (attributed)

This message originated from outside of NHSmail. Please do not click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.

Steven,

            I do not know what, if any, Edge extensions you have installed but there are various ad blockers and/or AutoPlay Next blockers that might cause this.  There's a variety of potential reasons, and I suspect that a native Edge problem is not what will eventually found to be the root cause.

      ~ Jonathan Foster (attributed)

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Steven. You must find the Media Audioplay setting and set it to allow if you are to receive your radio station. Otherwise, it will come up as being blocked. Is there any way we can talk? Do you have Skype? I know you are in the UK, so the telephone is out.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

On Thu, Jan 21, 2021 at 12:15 PM, Bill White wrote:
You must find the Media Audioplay setting
-
This should be set to Allow by default, but it can be found by opening settings and entering the word autoplay in the search box.  The only setting returned is the Media Autoplay and its value set by the dropdown box if it is not already allow.

      ~ Jonathan Foster (attributed)

Mike B

Hi Steven,

Here's how I got to where Bill is saying where to find the setting you want.
1. With Edge open press, Alt + F, to open the menu and press the letter, S, to open settings.

2. When Settings opens you should land on a search field, press enter to open the search field and type the word, more.

3. Tab a couple of times to navigation region Profiles, and downarrow to, cookies and site permissions, and press enter.

4. Tab many times, it's not quite 30 times, to the, Media auto play button, and press the spacebar.

5. Tab once or twice to the , Control if audio and video play automatically... button and press the spacebar to open.  It's a list box with 2 choices, Allow and Limit.

Good luck.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.

Hi, Steven. Under More Settings>Settings>Cookies and Site Data>Media Autoplay, make sure Media Audioplay is set to Allow for that site.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Is anyone aware of any Edge settings that would block an on line radio station?

Sorry but I am not that familiar with the new browser.

Basically there is an on line radio station that I listen to all the time and the url won’t open and play in the new Edge but if I install Chrome, it plays first time.

Steven Hicks

Servicedesk 2 Team Leader

Tel:  01209 318620.

Mobile:  07393 792548.

EMail:  Steven.Hicks@...

This message originated from outside of NHSmail. Please do not click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.

Gentlemen,

            If you know the actual name of a given setting, or even a large part of it, using that in the search box will really limit your results.

            I get different results if I use just autoplay as the search for current production Edge versus Edge Dev.  But if I enter Media Autoplay on either that's the one and only setting that gets returned in the search results, and you have direct access to it in the search result.

            Doing this as general practice saves a heck of a lot of brute force tabbing and potentially missing something.

      ~ Jonathan Foster (attributed)

Steven Hicks

Thanks to everyone, it now seems to be playing, I have no idea why J

It has been a long day and another one scheduled for tomorrow J

Thanks again all, at least I will have a bit of music while I work J