Topics

Microphone Sensitivity Level

Allen West

Hi,

I need some help.
I am running Win10 Version 2004 (OS build 20257.1. When I was running
Win10 1909, I was able to go into privacy settings and find the
setting for microphone sensitivity.
I am trying to help a friend of mine, who uses Google Meets for her
job. She is also running Win10 2004. No matter how softly she speaks,
she is told that she is too loud. I cannot find the settings to help
her.

Thanks

Allen

Allen West

Sorry about the typo. I meant microphone sensitivity.

On 11/15/20, Allen West via groups.io <alwest0324=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi,

I need some help.
I am running Win10 Version 2004 (OS build 20257.1. When I was running
Win10 1909, I was able to go into privacy settings and find the
setting for microphone sensitivity.
I am trying to help a friend of mine, who uses Google Meets for her
job. She is also running Win10 2004. No matter how softly she speaks,
she is told that she is too loud. I cannot find the settings to help
her.

Thanks

Allen

tim

Never seen that setting there, but have seen it in
control panel, sounds, recording tab menu.
All setting for microphone even properties can be found there.

On 11/15/2020 8:28 PM, Allen West wrote:
Hi,
I need some help.
I am running Win10 Version 2004 (OS build 20257.1. When I was running
Win10 1909, I was able to go into privacy settings and find the
setting for microphone sensitivity.
I am trying to help a friend of mine, who uses Google Meets for her
job. She is also running Win10 2004. No matter how softly she speaks,
she is told that she is too loud. I cannot find the settings to help
her.
Thanks
Allen

In addition to what Tim has mentioned, and you have to bring up Properties for the microphone being used, followed by going to the Levels tab and tweaking microphone volume and/or boost, and often the boost being changed has a far greater result with a far smaller reduction.

It is also possible that you might have a utility in the system tray/notification area supplied by your sound card maker that has additional settings.  Mine has one called DTS Studio sound and it has a "Recording Experience" section that allows for additional tweaking of microphone and speaker settings.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss

Hi,

Are you sure you meant build 19041? Build 20257 is not 2004 - it is an Insider dev channel build.

Allen West

Yes. I have build 20257.1. I am running an insiders build.

Allen