Topics

laptop question

Madison Martin

Hi all,
I've had this laptop since March, and I notice that the fan seems to run a lot,
which I assume means that the laptop gets overheated, any idea why this might be
happening? I'm running Windows 10 2004, the latest Jaws 2021, and office 365. My
laptop is a Lenovo think book 13s 20r9005vus

Look forward to any thoughts or help anyone can provide!!!
Madison

If it has been running since March in the way it continues running now that pretty much tells you that the machine is functioning normally.

There isn't a modern processor in existence that will not throttle performance such that you really notice it if it's heading into the "near occasion of danger" as far as overheating and will shut itself down, instantly, if it gets within a couple of degrees of a true overheat condition.

Some designs are set up to run warmer than others, and to depend on active fan cooling more than others.

      ~ Jonathan Foster (attributed)