June 2021 cumulative update: KB5003637/build 19042(3).1052 #KBAlert

Hi all,

An important reminder: I will be accepting nominations for Win10 Forum head list representative (owner/chief admin who will succeed me) until 4:59 PM Pacific (23:59 UTC) today (June 8th). Once nominations close, I will announce candidates and will invite them to make a statement, after which you are welcome to provide comments to the owner address while I conduct interviews with candidates. The person who will succeed me will be announced toward end of June, with the transition period lasting between July 1, 2021 and a week after Version 21H2 (second 2021 feature update) is released to the public (October/November 2021).

Also, Microsoft announced it will hold a virtual Windows event on June 24, 2021 to announce “the next generation of Windows”. Depending on what happens then, it can have lasting impact on this forum cluster.

Lastly, regular cumulative update announcements for Version 20H2 (October 2020 Update/build 19042) will cease on July 13, 2021. The next 20H2 CU announcement after that will be sent on May 10, 2022 when it exits consumer support. Speaking of last cumulative update announcement, the last CU announcement for Version 2004 (May 2020 Update/build 19041) is scheduled for December 14, 2021 when it exits consumer and enterprise support, and you will get a reminder of this from September onwards.

Onto the matter at hand:

June 2021 cumulative update is now available:

Link coming soon

Changelog: TBD

Details:

Version 20H2 (build 19042.1052): TBD

Version 21H1 (build 19043.1052): same as 20H2.

Details are now available:

Link: June 8, 2021—KB5003637 (OS Builds 19041.1052, 19042.1052, and 19043.1052) (microsoft.com)

Changelog:

Updates to improve security when using input devices such as a mouse, keyboard, or pen.

Updates to improve Windows OLE (compound documents) security.

Updates for verifying usernames and passwords.

Updates to improve security when Windows performs basic operations.

Updates for storing and managing files.

Details:

Version 20H2:

Security updates to the Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows Input and Composition, Windows Management, Windows Cloud Infrastructure, Windows Authentication, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Virtualization, Windows Kernel, Windows HTML Platform, and Windows Storage and Filesystems.

Version 21H1: same as 20H2.