Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA

On 2020-02-12 03:17 PM, Mike Capelle wrote:

Hello all.

If I install win 10 from the boot media of a thumb drive, will I need sighted assistance?

I want to reformat the drive from scratch, and install win 10 on it.

Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES)

Getting the machine to boot from USB is the only area I can see an issue with here.

Once it has booted from USB, you can use Narator and the setup will allow you to create new partitions etc.

There is normally a function key to press when it is starting up to bring up the boot options menu, USB will be one of those.

If you can find this out and it is bringing up those options, you can sometimes use a trial and error method to see if it is booting from usb e.g. arrow down twice on the startup options, press return, wait for a couple of minutes and then do your windows+ctrl+enter and see if the Narator starts up.

If I install win 10 from the boot media of a thumb drive, will I need sighted assistance?

I want to reformat the drive from scratch, and install win 10 on it.

Now if I do this, will it still create thos system and OMEM partitions?

I want one big c drive.

If I install win 10 from the boot media of a thumb drive, will I need sighted assistance?

I want to reformat the drive from scratch, and install win 10 on it.

Richard Kuzma

I believe it will.

Just leave them alone, I believe it create two more very small partitions.

It controls windows and the drive info so windows knows whats going on with the drive.

Correct me if I am wrong, please

Now if I do this, will it still create thos system and OMEM partitions?

I want one big c drive.

If I install win 10 from the boot media of a thumb drive, will I need sighted assistance?

I want to reformat the drive from scratch, and install win 10 on it.

Then, there  is o point in reforatting.

Yes it will.

Windows needs the efi to boot, its also going to need a recovery  for resetting.

These are not that big, you will loose around .5gb, thats 1 cd size roughly its not that much.

Anyway you will lose a ferther half gb for the ntfs filesystem anyway.

On 13/02/2020 2:44 am, Mike Capelle wrote:

Now if I do this, will it still create thos system and OMEM partitions?

I want one big c drive.

If I install win 10 from the boot media of a thumb drive, will I need sighted assistance?

I want to reformat the drive from scratch, and install win 10 on it.

Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES)

They are so small that I just wouldn’t worry about it!