Topics

installing the 2004 update.

Hello, so my computer does allow me to install the update for windows 10 2004, however, when I do that, I see a ton of optional hardware drivers for my system, since I use the Lenovo vantage software, should I just ignore the drivers found on that page? And just use vantage? thanks

Right now there seem to be some significant issues, with optional driver updates in particular, when they're delivered by Windows Update.

Leave well enough alone, or only use updates from your computer's OEM support pages for the moment.

Since optional is just that, . . .

A man's worst difficulties begin when he is able to do as he likes.

       ~ Thomas H. Huxley (1876)

OK, then I will go ahead and update, just leaving the optional stuff alone, and using the built in Lenovo system update.

Right now there seem to be some significant issues, with optional driver updates in particular, when they're delivered by Windows Update.

Leave well enough alone, or only use updates from your computer's OEM support pages for the moment.

Since optional is just that, . . .

A man's worst difficulties begin when he is able to do as he likes.

       ~ Thomas H. Huxley (1876)

I've said many times that if your computer's OEM, or a given component's (e.g., video card) OEM, has it's own monitoring and updating utility, that is always the best thing to use.

Manufacturer's very often do customizations on device drivers, and those are always better for hardware where that has been done than a generic (yet probably functional) driver is.