Topics

info needed

Kerryn Gunness

hi all

i have an asus laptop running windows 10 2004
the problem am having is
its fully charge with the charger, when i unplug the charger, and the battery goes down to about 60 %, it cuts off
then i have to plug in the charger, then restart the laptop
and the process repeats  itself
how to solve this
thanks

Bill White

Usually this happens for one of three reasons.

1. The battery is bad.

2. The computer is set to cut off or sleep at a certain level.

3. The battery has been charged before it completely runs down, so it is giving you a miscalculated reading as to the percentabe of time left on the battery before complete discharge.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: win10@win10.groups.io [mailto:win10@win10.groups.io] On Behalf Of Kerryn Gunness via groups.io
Sent: Friday, June 26, 2020 7:10 PM
To: windows 10
Subject: [win10] info needed

hi all

the problem am having is

its fully charge with the charger, when i unplug the charger, and the battery goes down to about 60 %, it cuts off

how to solve this

thanks

Larry Wayland

HI

Has this battery been recharged many times? If so you may want to consider purchasing a new battery.  It has been my experience when a rechargeable battery starts behaving the way you describe the battery has been used up and is in need of replacement.

Larry

From: win10@win10.groups.io [mailto:win10@win10.groups.io] On Behalf Of Kerryn Gunness via groups.io
Sent: Friday, June 26, 2020 9:10 PM
To: windows 10 <win10@win10.groups.io>

hi all

the problem am having is

how to solve this

thanks

Kerryn Gunness

larry and bill

this problem only started when i upgraded the computer to win 10 about 3 days ago
before the computer had win 7 and it was good
thanks for your suggestions   though

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, June 26, 2020 10:14 PM
Subject: Re: [win10] info needed

Usually this happens for one of three reasons.

1. The battery is bad.

2. The computer is set to cut off or sleep at a certain level.

3. The battery has been charged before it completely runs down, so it is giving you a miscalculated reading as to the percentabe of time left on the battery before complete discharge.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: win10@... [mailto:win10@win10.groups.io] On Behalf Of Kerryn Gunness via groups.io
Sent: Friday, June 26, 2020 7:10 PM
To: windows 10

hi all

the problem am having is

how to solve this

thanks

I still suspect a coincidental occurrence where the Windows 10 update and the battery finally starting to give up happened at the same time.

Everything about that suggests bad cell/bad battery.  And very often this sort of thing happens when a cell or two decide they're going to die.  If the battery is several years old, and if the laptop has been used primarily when constantly connected to the charger, I'd get a new battery as the first order of business.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363

Life is the art of drawing sufficient conclusions from insufficient premises.

~ Samuel Butler, 1835-1902

Kerryn Gunness

thanks brian

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, June 27, 2020 11:26 AM
Subject: Re: [win10] info needed

I still suspect a coincidental occurrence where the Windows 10 update and the battery finally starting to give up happened at the same time.

Everything about that suggests bad cell/bad battery.  And very often this sort of thing happens when a cell or two decide they're going to die.  If the battery is several years old, and if the laptop has been used primarily when constantly connected to the charger, I'd get a new battery as the first order of business.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363

Life is the art of drawing sufficient conclusions from insufficient premises.

~ Samuel Butler, 1835-1902