I need to know where I can turn on fast startup, and what it does.
I need to know what fast startup does so I can decide whether to turn it on or not. Also, where do I find it? I typed Fast Startup in the Windows search, but I’m taken to where I can tell the PC what to do when it’s plugged in or on battery, and there’s nothing there for fast startup.
Thanks in advance.
Kevin, Jilly and my girlfriend, Valerie
1. Search for power and click on the first result in the Start Menu.toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
2. Click on Additional Power Settings.
3. Click on Choose what the buttons do.
4. Click on Change Settings that are not available.
5. Tab until you find Fast Start up and check it if it hasn’t been checked.
What fast start up does is that it helps your computer start up faster after shutdown. Restarting is not affected.
Owner of The Blind Advocate Network
Phone: (404) 480:3436
Like my page on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theblindadvocatenetwork
“Getting advocacy results for the blind.”
On Mar 25, 2020, at 7:58 AM, Kevin Minor <kminor65@...> wrote:
Turn Off Windows 10 Fast Startup, which is the only thing I ever advise.
Post by Joseph Lee giving a technical description of what Fast Startup does. Post by Joseph Lee giving an analogy of how Fast Startup works.
Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363
This country has socialism for the rich, rugged individualism for the poor.
~ Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.