From: win10@win10.groups.io [mailto:win10@win10.groups.io] On Behalf Of Louise Pfau
Sent: 05 March 2021 04:42
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: [win10] HP Envy 4500 series printer still works while Windows doesn't play the USB connectionand disconnection sounds

Hi.  My HP Envy 4500 series Scanner-Printer combo is working correctly, but Windows doesn't play the USB connection/disconnection sounds.  The printer is set through its own hardware functions to go into sleep mode after a certain amount of time, and must be physically turned back on with the power button.  Recently, a notification popped up in the Windows 10 Actions Centre wanting me to install the printer drivers from the CD.  I'm not exactly sure where it is at this point.  I went into "Devices and printers", and the printer is listed there, as well as in the print dialog.  I scanned a document successfully using OpenBook, so I know the device is working.  There is no information pertaining to the printer in the list of installed programs though.  My computer was shipped with Windows 10, and the technicians at the vendor cloned the old data from the hard drive.  I've just installed the update to Windows 10 20h2, but the issue with the printer happened before that.  Is there a reason that the notification would pop up, and Windows won't play the sounds?  I hope this makes sense.

Thanks,

Louise