Topics

how to screen shot

Sugar Lopez

Hi friends

Using windows 10, jaws 17 and office 2016 on a desk top what are the keys to do a screen shot?

Thanks

sugar

"Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content."

- Philippines 4:11

Please Remember me at:

https://www.gofundme.com/sugars-transplant-journey

Hugs, Sugar

Sugar,

If you happen to be a member of the JAWS group this topic was just covered (and is still ongoing) there today.  That being said, here's a cut and paste of what I said there:

Pushing Windows Key (or WinKey, if you prefer) plus the PrtSc (or Print Screen) key at the same time will cause Windows 10 to take a full screen screen shot and place the resulting file in your Pictures library, in a folder named Screenshots.  When it does this you get a very brief "gray veil" go over the screen, but since the audience here is, for the most part, unlikely to be able to benefit from that visual cue I typically don't bother to mention it.  The individual screenshot files will be in PNG format and will have the names Screenshot(N), where the N will start out at 1 and keep on going as you take screenshots.  Even if you delete what you had, it appears that Windows 10 itself remembers whatever the count was, as I just took a screenshot using the above noted technique and it was named Screenshot(6).png in my Screenshots folder even though there were no other items there.

If you want a windowed screen shot, rather than a full screen screen shot, use WinKey + Alt + PrtSc.   Prior to Windows 10 Version 1809, this would cause the resulting screenshot of the window with focus to be placed in the Videos library, Captures folder, with a name based on the window being captured with the current date-time stamp behind that, still in PNG format.   Oddly enough, windowed screen shots are taken via a convoluted method that employs Xbox that comes with Windows 10, don't ask me why.  Now, after installing Version 1809, and I did it in the first week it was available, when I tried to take a windowed screen shot I would eventually get a pop-up menu telling me that I needed to enable game play on the computer to allow this to occur.  All I did was check that checkbox, dismiss the dialog, and everything went back to working as I described prior to the Version 1809 upgrade.  These windowed screen shots take a few moments to be taken and you will get a notification (formerly known as a toast) sliding out when it is complete and sitting in the Captures folder.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763  

You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.

~ Anne Lamott

Sugar Lopez

Thank you so much

I appreciate that

sugar

"We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly."

-Sugar

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2018 3:15 PM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] how to screen shot

Sugar,

If you happen to be a member of the JAWS group this topic was just covered (and is still ongoing) there today.  That being said, here's a cut and paste of what I said there:

Pushing Windows Key (or WinKey, if you prefer) plus the PrtSc (or Print Screen) key at the same time will cause Windows 10 to take a full screen screen shot and place the resulting file in your Pictures library, in a folder named Screenshots.  When it does this you get a very brief "gray veil" go over the screen, but since the audience here is, for the most part, unlikely to be able to benefit from that visual cue I typically don't bother to mention it.  The individual screenshot files will be in PNG format and will have the names Screenshot(N), where the N will start out at 1 and keep on going as you take screenshots.  Even if you delete what you had, it appears that Windows 10 itself remembers whatever the count was, as I just took a screenshot using the above noted technique and it was named Screenshot(6).png in my Screenshots folder even though there were no other items there.

If you want a windowed screen shot, rather than a full screen screen shot, use WinKey + Alt + PrtSc.   Prior to Windows 10 Version 1809, this would cause the resulting screenshot of the window with focus to be placed in the Videos library, Captures folder, with a name based on the window being captured with the current date-time stamp behind that, still in PNG format.   Oddly enough, windowed screen shots are taken via a convoluted method that employs Xbox that comes with Windows 10, don't ask me why.  Now, after installing Version 1809, and I did it in the first week it was available, when I tried to take a windowed screen shot I would eventually get a pop-up menu telling me that I needed to enable game play on the computer to allow this to occur.  All I did was check that checkbox, dismiss the dialog, and everything went back to working as I described prior to the Version 1809 upgrade.  These windowed screen shots take a few moments to be taken and you will get a notification (formerly known as a toast) sliding out when it is complete and sitting in the Captures folder.
--

You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.

~ Anne Lamott

Sugar Lopez

Brian one more thing

Is jaws suppose to announce or make a sound when I do this?I hear nothing when I press the start key and print screen (after F12 key)

When I press the start key and print screen(after the F12 key, I hear nothing

Just wondering

"We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly."

-Sugar

Sent: Friday, November 30, 2018 3:15 PM

Sugar,

--

~ Anne Lamott

Sugar,

I cannot directly speak to whether JAWS announces anything or not, as I don't have it on the machine I currently have at hand.  That being said, I do not ever recall JAWS announcing anything when a screen shot is taken via Windows keyboard shortcuts, regardless of the specific Windows involved or screenshot technique used.

Someone else can confirm/refute my recollection.

--

~ Anne Lamott

Sugar Lopez

Thank you brian

sugar

-Sugar

Sent: Friday, November 30, 2018 3:57 PM

Sugar,

I cannot directly speak to whether JAWS announces anything or not, as I don't have it on the machine I currently have at hand.  That being said, I do not ever recall JAWS announcing anything when a screen shot is taken via Windows keyboard shortcuts, regardless of the specific Windows involved or screenshot technique used.

--

~ Anne Lamott

JM Casey

Nope, not a word from JAWS 2018. Just check the folder to see that it’s there.

Sent: November 30, 2018 6:57 PM

Sugar,

--

~ Anne Lamott

Sugar Lopez

Ok thanks. I use jaws 17

Can you tell me where I can find the folder?

sugar

-Sugar

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of JM Casey
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2018 4:42 PM

Nope, not a word from JAWS 2018. Just check the folder to see that it’s there.

Sent: November 30, 2018 6:57 PM

Sugar,

--

~ Anne Lamott

On Fri, Nov 30, 2018 at 08:24 PM, Sugar Lopez wrote:
As I said earlier:

Full screen screenshots from WinKey + PrtSc:  Pictures\Screenshots

Windowed screenshots from WinKey + Alt + PrtSc:  Videos\Captures

--

~ Anne Lamott

Sugar Lopez

Yeah

Thanks so much

I will go there and find it

I appreciate that

sugar

-Sugar

Sent: Friday, November 30, 2018 5:37 PM

On Fri, Nov 30, 2018 at 08:24 PM, Sugar Lopez wrote:

As I said earlier:

Full screen screenshots from WinKey + PrtSc:  Pictures\Screenshots

Windowed screenshots from WinKey + Alt + PrtSc:  Videos\Captures

--

~ Anne Lamott

Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES)

Alt+printscreen.

Copies it to the clipboard, I normally use PBrush then to paist the image in and save it as a file.

From: win10@win10.groups.io [mailto:win10@win10.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sugar Lopez
Sent: 30 November 2018 22:51
To: Win 10 List
Subject: [win10] how to screen shot

Hi friends

Using windows 10, jaws 17 and office 2016 on a desk top what are the keys to do a screen shot?

Thanks

sugar

"Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content."

- Philippines 4:11

Please Remember me at:

Hugs, Sugar

********************************************************************************************************************

This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient please inform the
sender that you have received the message in error before deleting it.
Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in relation to its contents. To do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Thank you for your co-operation.

NHSmail is the secure email and directory service available for all NHS staff in England and Scotland. NHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other sensitive information with NHSmail and other accredited email services.

For more information and to find out how you can switch, https://portal.nhs.net/help/joiningnhsmail