Topics

How to get to this PC?

Ricky Lomey

Hi

How do I get to "this PC" in Windows 10?

Thanks.

Ricky Lomey

1. Open File Explorer, navigate to "This PC" in the folder tree.

2. Set File Explorer to Open to This PC by default.

Open File Explorer to This PC instead of Quick Access

Note:  If you prefer, you can also get to File Explorer Options via Control Panel.  That's the actual item name in Control Panel.

A man's worst difficulties begin when he is able to do as he likes.

       ~ Thomas H. Huxley (1876)

Richard Kuzma

Also,

If you want the this pc icon on the desktop – do the following:

*how to get the this pc icon on your desktop

Press the windows key and type the word themes and press enter

tab until it says related settings / desktop icon settings link and press enter

Now tab until you get to computer checkbox not checked

now press spacebar to check it

tab until it says ok and press enter

now press alt and f 4 and you should be back at desktop

you should now have a this pc icon on your desktop

1. Open File Explorer, navigate to "This PC" in the folder tree.

2. Set File Explorer to Open to This PC by default.

Open File Explorer to This PC instead of Quick Access

Note:  If you prefer, you can also get to File Explorer Options via Control Panel.  That's the actual item name in Control Panel.

A man's worst difficulties begin when he is able to do as he likes.

       ~ Thomas H. Huxley (1876)

Bill White

Hi, Richard, Brian and Ricky. An alternate way to create a This PC shortcut on the desktop,

1. Bring up the "Run" dialog with Windows key plus R.

2. In the dialog, type

shell:appsfolder

3. Using first-letter navigation, look for This PC.

4. When you find it, press the Applications key or Shift plus F10.

5. Arrow down to Create Shortcut, and press ENTER.

6. When it says that Windows can't create a shortcut here, do you want to put a shortcut on the desktop, answer Y for yes.

Now you will have a "This PC" shortcut on the desktop.

The advantage of this shortcut is that you can assign a hotkey to it, or move it somewhere else, unlike with the first alternative.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

1. Open File Explorer, navigate to "This PC" in the folder tree.

2. Set File Explorer to Open to This PC by default.

Open File Explorer to This PC instead of Quick Access

Note:  If you prefer, you can also get to File Explorer Options via Control Panel.  That's the actual item name in Control Panel.

A man's worst difficulties begin when he is able to do as he likes.

       ~ Thomas H. Huxley (1876)

Kevin

Control+e

email is golden!!!

Kevin Lee

How do I get to "this PC" in Windows 10?

Thanks.

Ricky Lomey

Richard Kuzma

Cool,

Never thought of doing it that way.

Thanks for the heads up.

Goona put it in my nots

1. Open File Explorer, navigate to "This PC" in the folder tree.

2. Set File Explorer to Open to This PC by default.

Open File Explorer to This PC instead of Quick Access

Note:  If you prefer, you can also get to File Explorer Options via Control Panel.  That's the actual item name in Control Panel.

A man's worst difficulties begin when he is able to do as he likes.

       ~ Thomas H. Huxley (1876)

Mike B

Kevin,

I'm sure it was a typo but it's, Windows key + E, instead of Control + E.

How do I get to "this PC" in Windows 10?

Thanks.

Ricky Lomey

Ricky Lomey

Thanks all for the thread and help, I deleted the two items I wanted to as they're just weekly publications I subscribe to that now come via email usually and I left the other sixteen downloads because from the names I figured they have to do with the pC, like Teamviewer, Any Desk, etc and that techies probably downloaded when helping me either remotely or otherwise, so best left alone.

Ricky

I'm sure it was a typo but it's, Windows key + E, instead of Control + E.

How do I get to "this PC" in Windows 10?

Thanks.

Ricky Lomey

JM Casey

They are probably installers for those programmes; you can feel free to move them and will do no harm. Installed programmes go elsewhere on your pC and don't hang out in the downloads folder.