Topics

how to chrome cast from ms edge in windows 10

g melconian

Hello i was wondering if there is a feature in ms edge,   to chrome cast to a tv or other  device that  has chrome cast support. 

Yep, under the More Tools menu item there is Cast to Media Device.  ALT+F,L,C

When you do this the first time Edge will tell you that an extension is needed from Google in order to cast to a Chromecast device and you will be given the option of restarting Edge and having the installation of that extension occur as part of the restart.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042

Journalism 101:  If someone says it’s raining and another person says it’s dry, it’s not your job to quote them both. It’s your job to look out the f**king window and find out which is true.

~ Jonathan Foster (attributed)

g melconian

Thanks very much for that info bryan .i thought  there  was something,  but I did not know where  to look,  as its  more obvious in chrome then chromium browsers for  that one. 

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Sunday, January 10, 2021 9:42 AM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] how to chrome cast from ms edge in windows 10

When you do this the first time Edge will tell you that an extension is needed from Google in order to cast to a Chromecast device and you will be given the option of restarting Edge and having the installation of that extension occur as part of the restart.
--

Journalism 101:  If someone says it’s raining and another person says it’s dry, it’s not your job to quote them both. It’s your job to look out the f**king window and find out which is true.

Hamit Campos

Brian do you have to have a video loaded for this diolaug to come up? Because then you would then have to re-load that vid. Not a problem, it’s just who knows if you’ll find it again. Lol. But that happens with the YouTube sometimes. I’m glad this thread came up because it was something I was wandering as well because with YouTube pages you don’t get the cast button right there on the page as you do with Chrome.

Sent: Sunday, January 10, 2021 12:42 PM

--

Baking, I didn't have anything other than a straight webpage up, as those can be cast, though that's not often done.
--

Marten Post Uiterweer

Hi,

I do not remember the site, but today I saw this on a website. In Edge I
can now cast to chrome devices. Earlier this was not possible.
And I do not have a special chrome extension to cast for as far as I can
see.

if you wish to cast to the chromecast from Edge
enable the following experimental feature
enter the following into the address bar
edge://flags/#media-router-cast-allow-all-ips
select enabled from the dropdown next to media router cast allow all ips

enter the following into the address bar
edge://flags/#cast-media-route-provider
select enabled from the dropdown next to cast media route provider

Marten

On Sun, 10 Jan 2021 13:19:30 -0800 "Brian Vogel" <britechguy@gmail.com> wrote:

Baking, I didn't have anything other than a straight webpage up, as those can be cast, though that's not often done.
--

Brian *-* Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042

Journalism 101: *If someone says it’s raining and another person says it’s dry, it’s not your job to quote them both. It’s your job to look out the f**king window and find out which is true.*

That "baking" was supposed to be, 'Hamit."  There are problems with using mobile devices and autocorrect!
-- 

Hamit Campos

Ah I wandered why it said baking. That’s okay I did what you suggested by the way and now I guess the addon is installed. So now I guess were I to wana cast something I go back into that menu and go to that cast menu and now an actual menu with our TV should come up now? Because the YouTube page still doesn’t have the cast button like in Chrome.

Sent: Sunday, January 10, 2021 5:39 PM

That "baking" was supposed to be, 'Hamit."  There are problems with using mobile devices and autocorrect!
-- 

Hamit,

Pretty much.  There is a sort of isolated casting tab/menu that comes up that will allow you to pick the device to cast to, which may be the only one available.  The first time I tried it after everything was there it took a few moments longer than I expected for it to find my Chromecast device.  Were you to cast, the actual cast control button then appears in the controls on the browser itself, to the right of the address box.
--