Topics

Head list representative puts two problematic domains away #AdminNotice #groupsio

Hi everyone,

Recently, Groups.IO added ability for admins like myself to ban email addresses from certain domains. Thus, email addresses from the following domains will be banned permanently:

  • Qq.com: although this is a great social platform in China, addresses from that domain were used for spamming purposes.
  • Bounce.linkedin.com: used to send automated contact requests on LinkedIn.

In case of the second one, let it be known that this forum cluster will NEVER respond to nor accept friend requests on LinkedIn and other social media platforms in order to avoid these routes being used as a spam highway. Please do NOT send LinkedIn requests to all your contacts, as it is a classic form of spreading spam.

Thanks.

joseph if we are going that way, then we should block twitter and facebook to.

In fact we should probably block all social media sites from sending things.

Though you need to ask yourself where does that end.

I was on a secure network which blocked gmail, hotmail and yahoo addresses because of spam.

With all these being cloud services you really can't just block them anymore really but I have had an odd group that does and you need to varify.

On 12/5/2018 9:22 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi everyone,

Recently, Groups.IO added ability for admins like myself to ban email
addresses from certain domains. Thus, email addresses from the following
domains will be banned permanently:

* Qq.com: although this is a great social platform in China, addresses
from that domain were used for spamming purposes.
* Bounce.linkedin.com: used to send automated contact requests on
LinkedIn.

In case of the second one, let it be known that this forum cluster will
NEVER respond to nor accept friend requests on LinkedIn and other social
media platforms in order to avoid these routes being used as a spam highway.
Please do NOT send LinkedIn requests to all your contacts, as it is a
classic form of spreading spam.

Thanks.

These social networking platforms don't send email messages to "add"
friends/followers.
Cheers,
Jsoeph