Topics

Feedback Hub Link: Feedback Hub saying "Your account does not have access to this feedback" virtually always these days

Not that you probably won't get that same message, but here's the link:  https://aka.ms/AAb5jv8

No matter what the feedback hub link, and I used my own from yesterday, I am constantly getting the message noted in the subject when I attempt to access it via a different account.  This pretty much defeats the purpose of Feedback Hub as a way for multiple users to react to reports of the same problem.  I created the above noted feedback using my partner's MS Account on his machine after I could not open the link to my own feedback of yesterday.

This did not ever used to happen to me, at all, and suddenly it seems to be "the standard response" from Feedback Hub to the very links meant to share Feedback for review by others.

It's all the more insane since when you are entering Feedback you're warned that it will be posted publicly.

If you can get to it, and have been having this problem, even if intermittently, please upvote and comment describing what's been happening on your end.

      ~ Jonathan Foster (attributed)

Hi,

According to a tweet reply from Windows Insider Program account, it might be that those who raised Feedback Hub might not be an Insider account at all, which could make sense for yours. To verify, see if you can access one of my own feedback links: https://aka.ms/AAb5jya

Note that the feedback in question is no longer quite applicable as I wrote workarounds into NVDA.

[...]

Further, Windows Insider account (via Twitter) clarified that the inability to exchange feedback between Insiders and non-Insiders is a limitation, and I advised Microsoft to document this limitation in a prominent place so anyone opening Feedback Hub can be made aware of it.

[...]

Joseph,

            I can indeed see that feedback, and my account is associated with the MS Insider Program though I have not been an active participant for at least three years now.  And the feedback I've submitted is not even noted as being attached to insider builds.  It is a problem, a big problem, if feedback from those who are insiders, but being made from a machine not even running an Insider build, gets blocked from public view.  Feedback Hub needs to be smart enough to know the context, context, context of the feedback when submitted.

            The above being said, my partner is not now, and never has been, a part of the Windows Insider program, and I get the "does not have access" message when I click through on my machine on the link I provided earlier.

             It is absolute insanity if there is a wall between Windows Insiders and regular Windows Users as far either group not being able to see feedback posted by the other, and particularly if an account that's "insider associated" but not currently operating on an insider build creates feedback while in a normal build.  And why I shouldn't be able to see this Feedback Hub feedback is equally nuts.

On Tue, Feb 16, 2021 at 01:08 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Further, Windows Insider account (via Twitter) clarified that the inability to exchange feedback between Insiders and non-Insiders is a limitation, and I advised Microsoft to document this limitation in a prominent place so anyone opening Feedback Hub can be made aware of it.
-
They need to remove the limitation, period.  I can see why a non-insider should not be able to see feedback that is tied to an insider build, but not to a regular build where the feedback so happens to have been submitted by someone who is already part of the Windows Insider program, but not running an Insider build and where feedback is submitted from a production build.

It's the "what was the build context where this was submitted" that should be the determining factor of whether a non-insider has access to insider-build-specific feedback.  And insiders should be able to filter whether, at a given moment, they want to be viewing feedback only applicable to insider build(s) or all feedback.

Many Insiders I know also use a regular production build on machines other than their "experimental" one.

And now that I know this is true, it's absolutely infuriating that this is not trumpeted, loudly and clearly, when feedback is submitted.  I have no reason to believe that when feedback I'm submitting is being done from build 19042, and the actual feedback itself indicates this and is prepopulated with that build automatically, that anyone in the broader Windows user community would not be able to see it.

      ~ Jonathan Foster (attributed)

I also must be caught in one of those proverbial circles of hell.  I just turned on diagnostic data so that I could be sure that I could withdraw from the Insider Program.  Well, when I check that under Updates & Security, no surprise but I'm not a member.  I get the option to join.  So I turned my diagnostic data back to minimal again.

I joined the Insider Program using the email address associated with this Win10 User Account all the way back in 2014, before Windows 10 was in public release.  I have never run a single Insider Build on the machine from which I'm typing right now, yet it appears that my Feedback is being classed as Insider Feedback (or else there really is somethng else going wrong with the Feedback Hub).

      ~ Jonathan Foster (attributed)

matthew dyer

Matthew

Hi, Using my el braille on windows 10 latest build, I got the same message.  Intresting.

On 2/16/2021 12:46 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
[...]

Not sure if this matters, but just tried to access the link you gave and got the same message.  BTW my account is part ofthe insider branch.  I am using an el braille which is not using an insider build.  HTH.

Hi Joseph,

On 2/16/2021 1:04 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:

[...]

Sarah k Alawami

Yep. I got the same message. I used to be in the windows insider program until I left when an update bricked my laptop and never could install. Interesting this.

Happy wednesday

[...]

valiant8086

Hi.

I am in insider preview, running insider builds on the very machine that I was using when I first got this error, while trying to upvote the feedback about how defender should let users report false positives. more easily