From: win10@win10.groups.io [mailto:win10@win10.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: Wednesday, April 7, 2021 5:27 PM
To: Win10
Subject: [win10] Emoji Panel Won't Open

Hi All,

Running the latest of Windows 10 & Jaws 2021.  Can anyone tell me why my emoji panel won't open when the appropriate keystrokes are used to open?  It won't
open in my email client, Notepad or Word.  My Region and language setting are English United States as stated from a search I did.  Admittedly I don't use it very often, but the last time I wanted it it was available and that was probably 3 or 4 months ago.  All help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks much.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.

Mike B

Hi Bill,

It would be more accessible if it would open.  The emoji panel doesn't open at all.  Narrator, NVDA or Jaws will work if I could get it open.  LOL    Do you know what the app is called that contains the emoji panel?

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.

Hi, Mike. I experienced the same behavior with the latest JAWS update. It is a little more accessible with Narrator.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Running the latest of Windows 10 & Jaws 2021.  Can anyone tell me why my emoji panel won't open when the appropriate keystrokes are used to open?  It won't
open in my email client, Notepad or Word.  My Region and language setting are English United States as stated from a search I did.  Admittedly I don't use it very often, but the last time I wanted it it was available and that was probably 3 or 4 months ago.  All help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks much.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.

Hi,

Can you tell us steps you are taking to open the emoji panel so I can double-check with NVDA and JAWS 2021?

Running the latest of Windows 10 & Jaws 2021.  Can anyone tell me why my emoji panel won't open when the appropriate keystrokes are used to open?  It won't
open in my email client, Notepad or Word.  My Region and language setting are English United States as stated from a search I did.  Admittedly I don't use it very often, but the last time I wanted it it was available and that was probably 3 or 4 months ago.  All help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks much.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.

Hi,

Text Input Host (you can’t really run it from Start menu). Also, try opening emoji panel after logging out and back in.

[...]

Hi, Mike. I don't know.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

[...]

Holly

Mike:

After you press the windows key and the period, you need to arrow around to find the imojies.

Mike B

Hi Joseph,

In the Task Manager / Details tab it says that Text input host is running and disabled.  Does this mean it's running or disabled?  Also I don't need to log-in but, I've rebooted the computer a few times and the emoji panel will not open.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.

[...]

Yes, I've done that and I don't find anything.  I've tried tabbing to  see if I could find a different category, but no categories to be found either.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.