Topics

Edge keeps telling me I am offline even though I am online.

matthew dyer

Hi all,

Not sure if this is a bug in windows 10 1909 or a bug in edge clisic, but edge tells me that I am not oline but accorting to my systemtray and the network status, I have internet access. Also chrome works just fine and I am receiving mail so wondering if this is a bug in the edge classic. I am referring to edge 49 not the chromium edge as my hp machine has not received it. I am wondering if there is an issue with my wifi card. Just looking for some ideas on how to resauolve this. I do have an external wifi card which does work, but would prefer not to have to use it as edge is the only thing that is not working very well.

Matthew

Sarah k Alawami

Have you downloaded the new edge and tried it? Maybe they are disabling the old edge or something, or maybe HP is? I dunno.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website. This is also our libsyn page as well.

to subscribe to the feed click here

Our telegram channel is also a good place for an announce only in regard to podcasts, contests, etc.

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on [twitch.](twitch.tv/ke7zum] Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 12 Feb 2020, at 12:50, matthew dyer wrote:

Hi all,

Not sure if this is a bug in windows 10 1909 or a bug in edge clisic, but edge tells me that I am not oline but accorting to my systemtray and the network status, I have internet access. Also chrome works just fine and I am receiving mail so wondering if this is a bug in the edge classic. I am referring to edge 49 not the chromium edge as my hp machine has not received it. I am wondering if there is an issue with my wifi card. Just looking for some ideas on how to resauolve this. I do have an external wifi card which does work, but would prefer not to have to use it as edge is the only thing that is not working very well.

Matthew

matthew dyer

Hi,  I tried running the installer and it keeps coming back saying that it can’t downloaded.  I did get it installed in a win10 vm with no problem.  MS has not pushed it out to me yet.

Matthew

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sarah k Alawami
Sent: Wednesday, February 12, 2020 4:08 PM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] Edge keeps telling me I am offline even though I am online.

Have you downloaded the new edge and tried it? Maybe they are disabling the old edge or something, or maybe HP is? I dunno.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website. This is also our libsyn page as well.

Our telegram channel is also a good place for an announce only in regard to podcasts, contests, etc.

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on [twitch.](twitch.tv/ke7zum] Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

Hi all,

Matthew

John Lee

Which VM software are you using?
Do you use JAWS or NVDA? 

On Feb 12, 2020, at 5:49 PM, matthew dyer <ilovecountrymusic483@...> wrote:

Hi,  I tried running the installer and it keeps coming back saying that it can’t downloaded.  I did get it installed in a win10 vm with no problem.  MS has not pushed it out to me yet.

Matthew

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sarah k Alawami
Subject: Re: [win10] Edge keeps telling me I am offline even though I am online.

Hi all,

Matthew

matthew dyer

I am using vmware fusion for mac.  The problem is with an hp notebook 15 inch.  The vm works fine and has the chromium edge installed.  All other browsers work fine. 

Rite now I am on my arch vm but if youneed info let me know and i will see if i can get it next time I boot it up.  I just ordered a surface pro7 which should be here on Tuesday.  I had been having some problems with wifi on the HP which seems to be fixed smewhat with a reset, but still seems to be confused.  LOL!

Matthew

On 2020-02-13 07:55, John Lee wrote:
Which VM software are you using?
Do you use JAWS or NVDA? 

On Feb 12, 2020, at 5:49 PM, matthew dyer <ilovecountrymusic483@...> wrote:

Matthew

Hi all,

Matthew