From: win10@win10.groups.io [mailto:win10@win10.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sly
Sent: Friday, April 30, 2021 2:40 PM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: [win10] Edge and download progress question

Greetings All!
Question, I just noticed for the last few days when I download a file
using edge, jaws does not speak the progress of the down load or when
it is complete.
It may redirect me to a download page but for some reason it no longer
speaks the progress but does download the file.
Any thoughts on how to fix this? it's nice to know that a download A
is downloading and B when it is done. Smiles!
Thanks for any help fixing this

Sly

Thank You Bill!
Sly thought I was going crazy!

On 4/30/21, Bill White <billwhite92701@att.net> wrote:
Hi, Sly. Joseph Norton was wondering the same thing. He found out from
Vispero that Edge has changed the location of the download progress
indicator, and JAWS will need to fix this in a future update of JAWS.

In the meantime, you can press CONTROL plus J, and Edge will give you the
download progress after pressing ENTER on the download link, then use
CONTROL plus J to open up the downloads section where the alert is shown.

Bill White

billwhite92701@att.net

Question, I just noticed for the last few days when I download a file
using edge, jaws does not speak the progress of the down load or when
it is complete.
It may redirect me to a download page but for some reason it no longer
speaks the progress but does download the file.
Any thoughts on how to fix this? it's nice to know that a download A
is downloading and B when it is done. Smiles!
Thanks for any help fixing this

Just like so many others who are currently unhappy with Edge I have started using the Brave browser. This is another Chromium based browser like Google Chrome and Edge and while it doesn't have the Immersive Reader feature which Edge has, it has very good privacy, tracking and add blocking protection and besides that it is super fast. Definitely worth checking it out, you can also set up a so-called Sync Code which let's you sync the settings for Brave if you use multiple devices so instead of having to sign up with an email address like in Chrome, Edge or Firefox, you simply generate a Sync Code which is a number of random words, you copy this and keep it in a safe place and if you set up on another device you click the button "I have a sync code", paste in the series of words and your settings will sync. Brave also has a version for iOS.