Topics

e-mail programs

Kathy Pingstock

Good afternoon,

I wanted to get some suggestions on what others are using for e-mail.

Kathy

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Gerald Levy

Mozilla Thunderbird works very well, is free  and is completely JAWS accessible.

Gerald

On 3/4/2021 12:41 PM, Kathy Pingstock wrote:

Good afternoon,

I wanted to get some suggestions on what others are using for e-mail.

Kathy

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Kathy Pingstock

Thank you

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Mozilla Thunderbird works very well, is free  and is completely JAWS accessible.

Gerald

On 3/4/2021 12:41 PM, Kathy Pingstock wrote:

Good afternoon,

I wanted to get some suggestions on what others are using for e-mail.

Kathy

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Lauren Burger

Hello. My name is Lauren Burger and I use Gmail and Outlook online and I use the windows10 Mail app.
Lauren Burger

On Thu, Mar 4, 2021 at 1:02 PM Kathy Pingstock <kpingstock@...> wrote:

Thank you

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Mozilla Thunderbird works very well, is free  and is completely JAWS accessible.

Gerald

On 3/4/2021 12:41 PM, Kathy Pingstock wrote:

Good afternoon,

I wanted to get some suggestions on what others are using for e-mail.

Kathy

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

chris judge

Hi. Personally I use outlook.

Chris Judge

JAWS Certified, 2021

Mozilla Thunderbird works very well, is free  and is completely JAWS accessible.

Gerald

On 3/4/2021 12:41 PM, Kathy Pingstock wrote:

Good afternoon,

I wanted to get some suggestions on what others are using for e-mail.

Kathy

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

matthew dyer

Hi Kathy,

I am currently using outlook 365 but also use thunderbird from time to time.  Hth.

I wanted to get some suggestions on what others are using for e-mail.

Kathy

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Kevin

If using win 10 the default mail client works well since the current build

email is golden!!!

Kevin Lee

I wanted to get some suggestions on what others are using for e-mail.

Kathy

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Melissa Sprouse

Edited

Hey Kathy,

I use Gmail. Works very well for me.

Melissa

Brad Snyder

Gmail is an email provider, not a desktop client.

- Brad -

Hey Cathie,

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

On Thu, Mar 4, 2021 at 10:07 PM, Brad Snyder wrote:
Gmail is an email provider, not a desktop client.
-
And the original query was about, "what others are using for e-mail."

That would include desktop clients or webmail, from where I sit.  There are many who have ditched email clients in favor of webmail, which is what I hear when someone says they use Gmail - its webmail interface.  It's all about what happens to work for you.

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.

       ~Albert Einstein

I guess is you used the web interface, that's one less program to be opened on your desktop. How many on this list use web mail interfaces exclusively? How do they get along with speech?

On 3/4/2021 10:22 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Thu, Mar 4, 2021 at 10:07 PM, Brad Snyder wrote:
Gmail is an email provider, not a desktop client.
-
And the original query was about, "what others are using for e-mail."

That would include desktop clients or webmail, from where I sit.  There are many who have ditched email clients in favor of webmail, which is what I hear when someone says they use Gmail - its webmail interface.  It's all about what happens to work for you.

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.

       ~Albert Einstein

Brad Snyder

Good point, Brian.

- Brad -

On Mar 4, 2021, at 21:22, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

On Thu, Mar 4, 2021 at 10:07 PM, Brad Snyder wrote:
Gmail is an email provider, not a desktop client.
-
And the original query was about, "what others are using for e-mail."

That would include desktop clients or webmail, from where I sit.  There are many who have ditched email clients in favor of webmail, which is what I hear when someone says they use Gmail - its webmail interface.  It's all about what happens to work for you.

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.

       ~Albert Einstein

heather albright

Well, windows mail works if your using NVDA but, jaws does not work with this program very well. I suggest thunder bird or outlook. I have boht the mail app and outlook but, I am going to start using thunderbird soon.  Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

If using win 10 the default mail client works well since the current build

email is golden!!!

Kevin Lee

I wanted to get some suggestions on what others are using for e-mail.

Kathy

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Steven Hicks

Microsoft Outlook, it is very advanced but brilliant in my opinion.

Microsoft Office 2016 or above, Microsoft Office 365 maybe but it depends on how much you want to spend.

I wanted to get some suggestions on what others are using for e-mail.

Kathy

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Mike B

When I was trying to get information about IMAP settings for iCloud I came across an email app I haven't heard about called Mailspring.  You can read about and download with the link below.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.

On Thu, Mar 4, 2021 at 10:07 PM, Brad Snyder wrote:
Gmail is an email provider, not a desktop client.
-
And the original query was about, "what others are using for e-mail."

That would include desktop clients or webmail, from where I sit.  There are many who have ditched email clients in favor of webmail, which is what I hear when someone says they use Gmail - its webmail interface.  It's all about what happens to work for you.

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.

       ~Albert Einstein

Madison Martin

I use Outlook and couldn’t emagine using anything else. It’s super accessible and easy to use. I use Office 365 and like it better as it’s a subscription-based thing so it’s updated and you don’t have to worry about it not being supported like you would with Office 2019 and earlier versions. Just my thoughts though.

Microsoft Outlook, it is very advanced but brilliant in my opinion.

Microsoft Office 2016 or above, Microsoft Office 365 maybe but it depends on how much you want to spend.

I wanted to get some suggestions on what others are using for e-mail.

Kathy

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

heather albright

Has anyone actually used this program, does it work with jaws or NVDA? Thanks Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

When I was trying to get information about IMAP settings for iCloud I came across an email app I haven't heard about called Mailspring.  You can read about and download with the link below.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.

On Thu, Mar 4, 2021 at 10:07 PM, Brad Snyder wrote:

Gmail is an email provider, not a desktop client.

-
And the original query was about, "what others are using for e-mail."

That would include desktop clients or webmail, from where I sit.  There are many who have ditched email clients in favor of webmail, which is what I hear when someone says they use Gmail - its webmail interface.  It's all about what happens to work for you.

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.

       ~Albert Einstein

Louise Pfau

Hi.  Speaking of Thunderbird, is there a way to import all of the existing E-mail folders from Windows Live Mail to Thunderbird?  I realize Windows Live Mail is no longer supported, so that's why I want to migrate.  When I spoke to Microsoft Disability Support, they couldn't help because Windows Live Mail is no longer supported.  When I did a Google search for importing data into Thunderbird, it was indicated that it wasn't possible.  I don't know if that was accurate information though.

Thanks,

Louise

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

On Tue, Mar 9, 2021 at 02:02 PM, Louise Pfau wrote:
Speaking of Thunderbird, is there a way to import all of the existing E-mail folders from Windows Live Mail to Thunderbird?
-
Louise, how are you accessing your e-mail in Windows Live Mail?  If you're using IMAP access and your folders are IMAP folders on your server there is nothing to "import."  They just appear when you set up IMAP access in another email client or on another device.

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.

       ~Albert Einstein

Louise Pfau

Hi Brian.  I should’ve specified that I’m refering to the local folders I’ve created for organizing messages.  I know that the “default” folders that come with IMAP accounts will be automatically imported, which is what I’m using now.

Thanks,

Louise